Inexpensive Oven Beef Jerky

I'd like to find an inexpensive beef jerky recipe that's not spicy. One that can be made in the oven.

Around Thanksgiving I will buy the biggest turkey I can find and freeze it until I'm ready for Jerky, I grind it myself and depending on the size of the turkey I have enough Jerky for almost a year. One thing I have found instead of making individual logs of Turkey to dry I tape down 2 1/4 inch dowels about 5 in. apart place down a large sheet a saran wrap put approximately a 1 1/2 cups of the mixture in the middle fold the wrapper over the top and roll it out with a rolling pin, almost in a football shape, if you want you can sprinkle more pepper, crushed red peppers, minced garlic or seasoning of your choice, but cover back over with a cellophane and gently rub in.

It is very easy to transfer the thin layer of meat on to the dryer racks, just open up the saran wrap put your hand underneath with the saran wrap between you and the meat and gently flip over on to the drying rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray or it sticks.

In my dehydrator I set it on 160 degrees and depending on the humidity it will dry from 5 to 8 hours, after it is completely dry, Take clean scissors and cut in strips, this saves so much time over trying rollout separate little strips. you can also use hamburger if the drying in and of and remember to leave the oven door ajar

For each 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey I added

1 &1/2 T. coarse pepper

1/4 cup. soy sauce

1 T. liquid smoke

1 T. garlic salt

1 T brown sugar

1 T vinegar

1/2 beef bullion cube

1 T. ginger

1 T. Worcestershire sauce

1/2-teaspoon celery salt

If you are using store bought ground turkey add 1 tsp. of vegetable oil for each 1 1/2 of turkey otherwise it turns out a papery texture, if you are grinding your own use the skin on the breast only and Do not use any more skin or fat for it will make it way to greasy.

Mix all ingredients together well and Marinade at least 24 hours, before dehydrating

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats BeefOctober 2, 2008
Pieces of beef jerky spilling out of a plastic storage bag.
Beef Jerky Recipes
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Peppered turkey jerky.
Turkey Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes