Making a Cutting Board
This project takes giving a gift with a personal touch to a whole new level. Follow these steps to create a fun and functional cutting board designed (by you!) to match their kitchen and their personality perfectly.
Tools & Materials
You'll need a Dremel rotary tool with plunge router attachment, the 18 inch Dremel Scroll Station, contour sander, 3.4 inch piece of hard maple, cloth, mineral oil, construction paper, pencil, and pattern.
- Trace the desired pattern onto construction paper to the actual size you want, and cut it out.
- Then trace pattern onto the wood and cut it out using the Dremel Scroll Station (don't forget to wear proper eye protection).
- Use the Dremel rotary tool and #335 router attachment with #612 router bit to shape the edges (both available at homedepot.com). Option: You may want to drill a hole through the wood in order to hang your finished piece.
- Using a contour sander, prepare the surfaces and edges for finishing.
- Apply mineral oil with a soft cloth to the entire cutting board.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 3:38:40 PM on 10.0.1.22 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us