Making a Cutting Board
This project takes giving a gift with a personal touch to a whole new level. Follow these steps to create a fun and functional cutting board designed (by you!) to match their kitchen and their personality perfectly.
Tools & Materials
You'll need a Dremel rotary tool with plunge router attachment, the 18 inch Dremel Scroll Station, contour sander, 3.4 inch piece of hard maple, cloth, mineral oil, construction paper, pencil, and pattern.
- Trace the desired pattern onto construction paper to the actual size you want, and cut it out.
- Then trace pattern onto the wood and cut it out using the Dremel Scroll Station (don't forget to wear proper eye protection).
- Use the Dremel rotary tool and #335 router attachment with #612 router bit to shape the edges (both available at homedepot.com). Option: You may want to drill a hole through the wood in order to hang your finished piece.
- Using a contour sander, prepare the surfaces and edges for finishing.
- Apply mineral oil with a soft cloth to the entire cutting board.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 12:40:45 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us