Sugar is Too Moist

My sugar is too moist. What can I do?

By leclerc from Canada

Put a slice of bread in there to soak up the moisture. You can also do this when you bake cookies- put a piece of bread in the container that you are storing the cookies in and it will help keep them fresh.

I have always kept a soda cracker in my sugar jar to absorb any moisture. It works very good for me. I live in a humid state. I also keep rice in my salt shaker to keep it dry. I learned this many years ago working in a cafe.

The soda cracker and rice tricks work really well. Also, on a similar note, putting a bay leaf or two in your flour (or other dry goods like oatmeal) will keep out the mealworms.

Using the idea of the Terra Cotta Sugar Bears: (www.sugarbearsinc.com) which keep brown sugar moist. To be thrify but still effective, use a broken piece of a terra cotta planter. If you want something more moist soak in water before using. If you want something drier, bake in the oven first. Works for me!

These are all great tips.

If mine gets too moist or hardens, I have put it in the microwave to break it back down and take out the moisture.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesMarch 24, 2009
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
🎉
🎄