Cranberry-Walnut Pie Recipe

This is actually a found recipe. I posted to the list that a friend was looking for a cranberry walnut pie recipe. She found it and it sounded so delicious I thought I'd post for you all to enjoy.

Cranberry-Walnut Pie Recipe

• 2 cups cranberries
  • 1/2 c. walnuts
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c. flour
  • 3/4 cup uncooked oats
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/4 lb. melted butter or
  • margarine
  • 1/4 c. shortening

Grease 10-inch pie plate, Put first 3 ingredients in. Beat eggs, add sugar, flour, oats, butter and shortening in bowl. Mix well, pour over cranberry-walnut mix in plate. Bake 60 minutes in 325 degrees oven.

Roberta from China, ME

Roberta, here is one recipe...not sure if it's the right one. Hope you find the one you're looking for.

Hi, My daughter made this for the first time this year!

Cranberry Walnut Pie

1 9" unbaked pie crust 1/8 tsp salt

2 cups whole cranberries(fresh) 1 egg

1 cup walnut halves 1/2 cup flour

1/4 cup brown sugar, packed 1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup butter, melted & cooled

Combine the cranberries & walnuts in the pie shell and sprinkle with brown sugar. Mix egg, sugar, butter, flour and salt. Spread evenly over cranberry mixture. Bake in 325* oven for 50-65 min. Increase the temperature to 350* tge kast 5 min if you want golden surface

Hope this is what you were looking for. I sure that you could eliminate the crust if you wanted a crustless pie.

Roberta, here is a recipe called Cranberry Dump Cake, which may be similar to what you are looking for, although it has pineapple in it also (you could always add the walnuts). The ingredients are:

1 package SnackWell's or low fat white cake mix

1 can crushed pineapple in juice -- (20 oz.) undrained

1 can cranberry sauce -- (21 oz.)

1/2 cup margarine, imitation low fat

Dump undrained pineapple in pan. Spread evenly. Dump in cranberry sauce and spread. Dump cake mix onto cranberry layer. Spread evenly. Dot butter evenly on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 48 to 53 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.

wow that sounds great. my best friend likes the dump cake i make. she is always requesting. the pie is more involved but i bet it is going to be

I made a dump cake for thanksgiving using cherry pie filling for one and blueberry pie filling in the other. I am sure you would be able to use cranberry whole berries sauce. I have never tried it with cranberries so I'm not sure how it would turn out. If you would like the recipe for dump cake my email is hfike @ (remove spaces)

There are many to pick from, on

Cindy ,Elkhart In.

2 c. fresh cranberries

1/2 c. chopped walnuts

3/4 c. granulated sugar

1 c. flour

1 c. sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. almond extract

3/4 c. melted butter

Mix cranberries, walnuts and sugar. Put in bottom of quiche-type deep dish. Mix flour, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter; pour over cranberry mixture. Bake 55 to 60 minutes at 325 degrees. Since ovens vary, check for doneness. Serve at room temperature with whipped cream on ice cream. Serves 6. Enjoy!

To those who forwarded the recipe for the cranberry walnut pie, thank you. I've sent them all on to my friend to see if any sound familar to her. You're a great group of folks, thanks again.

1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell

Cranberry Filling**:

3 Tbsp. sugar

1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries

6 Tbsp. orange juice

2 tsp. cornstarch

1 Tbsp. water

Walnut Layer:

2 eggs

3 Tbsp. butter or margarine

3/4 c. dark corn syrup

1/3 c. packed brown sugar

1 Tbsp. grated orange rind or

1 tsp. orange extract

2 c. walnut pieces

whipped cream (optional)

**Or 1 (16 ounce) Ocean Spray whole cranberry sauce

(ready to use).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cranberries, orange juice

and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes.

Mix cornstarch and water. Add to cranberries; cook until thick

as jam. Or use cranberry sauce. Set aside.

Walnut Layer: Beat eggs until fluffy. Beat in butter.

Add sugar, beating well. Add orange rind and walnut pieces.

Assemble Pie: Pour cranberry filling into pie shell.

Top with walnut mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool

slightly. Serve with dollops of whipped cream if desired.

A friend is looking for the following, is there anyone out there who might have this recipe?

"I was wondering if you have ever heard of the recipe where you take cranberries and walnuts and dump them in a pie dish, then mix up a batter and pour it over it and then bake? I know my Nana used to call it her cranberry walnut dump pie but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks"

Roberta from China, ME

Roberta...I love cranberries and I'm glad the original recipe was found. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

I hope you are still reading these replies. If you name is Judi, I'm originally from Maine, but live in South Dakota now. I'm not positive, but I think my best friend in high school was from China. I've been wracking my brain trying to remember her last name and I can't. Her first name was Rita and we went to Christian Academy in Glen Cove. If you happen to know her or know of her, would you please e-mail me? My address is pogospring @ (remove spaces) Thanks!!!

Roberta, I'm glad the recipe was found. I think it's so funny that not one of us hit the "right" recipe...lolol But all of the recipes look delicious, too. I like the added "oats" in the original healthy!!! Thanx for letting us know the recipe was found. Merry Christmas!!!

well i just made the cranberry walnut pie sent in by donna. wowoowoo. made a change tho. i couldnt get cranberries so i used blueberrries- frozen. yummy. i will use 2 eggs instead tho next time. i am making it for presents.

Cranberry Sauce
Recipes Using Cranberries
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts PiesDecember 2, 2005
Sliced Cranberry Bread
Cranberry Bread Recipes
Cranberry Relish in Yellow Dish at Thanksgiving Dinner Table
Cranberry Relish Recipes
Someone making a cranberry and popcorn garland.
Making a Cranberry Garland
Cranberry Ketchup
Cranberry Ketchup Recipes