Strong Stain Remover (As a Last Resort)

1/2 Cup Bleach
1/2 Cup Dishwasher Detergent

Note: The dishwasher detergent cannot have ammonia in it. You should NEVER mix ammonia with bleach.

Fill the washing machine with water and the above solution, agitate to make sure it's mixed well. Drop in soiled items and agitate and then let them just soak, depending on how stained they are.

Then spin out and wash with 1/2 Cup laundry detergent.

I've gotten baby formula out of clothing, weather stains out of curtains and many other stains.

Years ago my daughter had a red dress with a white "apron", all one piece. I loaned it to a friend who had very hard water. When she returned the dress the white part was gray and dingy. I figured the dress was ruined anyway, so I dropped it in the solution. It came out white again and didn't hurt the red!

My aunt used it on a delicate fabric that she got cherry juice on.

I do rinse the clothing a couple of extra times since the solution is quite strong.

By Judy

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesNovember 26, 2004
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
Using Kerosene for Stains
Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes