Selling the Jewelry I Make

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sell my fashion jewelry via computer? I am not too computer literate. I don't know how to put photos of the jewelry on-line. Any and all answers will be greatly appreciated!

By SandraA from San Jose, CA

I'm starting to feel like a "pusher" for this web site :-) but I honestly have no vested interest in such. (Link below) All items must be handmade (your jewelry) vintage, or re-purposed. Individuals set up their own online "stores" and anyone can browse and look for products. From your question, this might be a good place for you to consider.

I can't help with your "how to set up or post pictures" questions, but I'm guessing someone you know personally could help you open your own "store" on this site:

Hope this info helps you find a starting point to sell your handmade jewelry online. Good Luck!

How do you intend to put the pictures on? Digital camera? You probably need to find someone (in person) who has a digital camera and computer who knows how to save the pictures to your computer and then you can easily put them on etsy or ebay (etsy is your best choice, ebay "might" work, but in my opinion handmade items don't sell all that well on there). (There are of course, numerous selling sites and you could have your own web site, but of course you'd need to be proficient in camera /computer first). You could also explore local options for selling (in person), craft mall, flea markets, shows. Both ebay and etsy. The making of the "ads" is not that difficult, you are guided through step by step. ebay for sure, will even help you with the picture thing (to put on a picture, when you reach the picture section, their picture "box" come up and asks you to browse through your saved pictures, click on the one you want, it pulls it up and push their "download" button and they do the work) (I've sold a good bit on ebay, but not much on etsy, so I can't vouch for their picture helping aspect). Hope this was a little helpful.

As a jewelry designer/artist, I have lots of experience in this area. offers outstanding website hosting for very little money - check out mine at and see what you think. You will need a GOOD digital camera in order to get true color and resolution. Save the photos to your computer via the camera's USB cord and upload them to the website. Contact your local high school and see if they have a web design & photography class that can help you initially. Enroll in a beginning computer class through your technical college and get rolling! You can do it!

Agree, is the way to go!

June 5, 2011 Flag

beaded pendant necklace and matching earringsI do artificial (costume) jewellery and I don't know how to sell my product. Can anyone give me some ideas?

By docrafts from Chennai

You could open up a shop on , they take a very small fee for each piece you sell. You would have a much larger customer base there.

I have two friends who sell on , one has been doing it for years, and I don't think she would have kept doing it that long if it was'nt working out for her.

My other friend just started about 7 months ago, selling mittens in a shop called "Marvelous Mittens" and it went so well that she opened up a second shop a few months later for things she makes with fabric, it's called "Fabriq". She started with a rubbermaid tub full of wool mittens she made from recycled sweaters she felted, and within a month she was almost sold out and was working almost full time makeing more mittens to add to her shop. Her mittens are fabulous, I own a pair myself, and I love them.

I'm thinking of opening a shop of my own later this year, not sure what to call it yet, or what all I will be selling there. ;D

I think your jewelry is beautiful! I think you would sell great on, especially since you're located in a unique place, from the viewpoint of most Americans and Europeans, that is! Etsy is a global marketplace online, with lots of tips and helpful articles. God bless!

Its beautiful jewellery.You could come to Bangladesh and bring a suitcase load for selling . Before that you may have to contact a local enterpreneur to help you with the details. This is happening quite often and people are travelling around the region with their crafts and selling them directly.Some of the jewellery may have to be slightly modified to fit the local taste but its very similar to the jewellery worn in all of S. Asia.

Host a jewelry party at your home. Invite friends and family, and ask them to bring one or two of three of their friends. Run it similar to a Tupperware party. Then ask all of your guests to host a jewelry party in their home. Be sure to offer a nice incentive for the prospective hostess, to make it worth her time and effort. Hope this helps.

December 9, 2010 Flag

I am starting to make jewelry. So far, I am only making it for friends and family, but I would like to know how to sell it for a profit. I am only 13, so I only have weekends and nights to make my jewelry. Many friends and family members have encouraged me to sell my jewelry. Some have suggested eBay or consignment shops, but I still am not sure of what I should do. Please tell me what you think I should do.
Thanks. Brittany

Selling the Jewelry I Make

I would definitely suggest you team up with a parent and sell on eBay! (Only because you have to be 18 to legal sell on eBay and you'll need them if you want to set up a PayPal account.)

It's a great place to test the waters, and you do business on your time (for the most part). You basically set the price and make the ads (item descriptions). You can make, create, your inventory and do business all from home! (or any PC w/ an internet connection.) You can even keep track of your auctions on a PCS phone.

I would suggest you do some "research" on other sellers auctions to help you get an idea of how to set up the prices and stuff.

I sell only on eBay as a hobby (video game stuff, used to sell a lot more, but it became a second job of sorts, boo!) and it's a great way to learn about selling, buying, and interacting with customers! (10/24/2004)

By kidseatfree

Selling the Jewelry I Make

First, make sure you know how much money you spend on supplies for each piece as well as how much time it takes to make. Then set an appropriate price. Now, where to sell? Our town has a farmer's market in warmer months on Saturday mornings. You could check into setting up a booth at a similar venue. Or, you could make up enough to have an open house. Pass out invitations to all your friends and neighbors. Tell them they can bring friends as well. Have all your items laid out, with the prices easy to find and see how much you sell. (10/25/2004)

By Colleen

Selling the Jewelry I Make

If your town has craft fairs where people sell their homemade goods, this would be a great starting place. Lots of places start having craft fairs around holiday time. You might want to check with your hospital gift shop. They may buy them from you and resell them in their gift shop. (10/25/2004)

By Mel

Selling the Jewelry I Make

If you enjoy outdoor concerts and festivals, they can be great places to market your jewelry. At 13 though, it would be a good idea to go with your parents or a responsible older sister, brother or friend.

Also, try other outdoor community events, like street fairs, 5K runs (be sure to donate some of your profits to the charity benefited by the run), neighborhood block parties, etc. (10/25/2004)

By Mary

Selling the Jewelry I Make

Try, it is a site for handmade items so that's where your customers will be. You will probably have to have your parents register for you, but it seems like a really great site. Good luck. (06/06/2009)

By Ecokat

Handmade Jewelry
Selling Handmade Jewelry
Crafts JewelryDecember 9, 2010
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Cash for Gold
Selling Gold Jewelry For Cash