Trim Or Remove Trees Before They Cause Damage

We have had a huge 125 foot oak tree right next to our house for over 25 years. We've been told it was close to 200 years old. I have treasured this tree, and threatened to chain myself to it to keep hubby from cutting it down. I finally agreed to let him get it trimmed. The cheapest estimate we got was almost 3000 dollars. Wow, a lot of money so we were hesitant.

On June 7th, I had just finished making breakfast, and decided to lay down and catch a nap. Within fifteen minutes, I thought the world was coming to an end. My beloved tree uprooted and crashed through the kitchen and our sun room.

Luckily we have super insurance through Nationwide, and I can't say enough good things about them. The damage so far has cost close to 200,000 dollars. We are not expected to get back into our home until October. So this is not really finding a way to save money, but finding the money so no one gets hurt or killed.

By Peggy from Cortland, Ohio

Peggy, I'm just so glad you weren't in the kitchen when this devastating event occurred.

I'm so glad you weren't hurt. I've been putting off getting a large tree next to our house taken down. Thanks for the push. I'm making the call now!

Pruning a tree
Pruning Times: What and When to Prune
Home and Garden Home ImprovementJuly 22, 2011
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Cottonwood Tree
Getting Rid of Cottonwood Roots
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 4:21:18 PM on 10.0.0.119 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.