Decorating Tents at a Wedding

I need help decorating the tents at my outdoor wedding. There is a tent over the dance floor and the food. All the tables are in a field. They have yellow table cloths and daisies in a galvanized pail for centerpieces, I'm just not sure how to decorate the tents. The wedding is at 2 in July so the tents are a must in case it rains.

Tierra from Butler, TN

How about yellow matching balloons? You can bunch them up in each corner of the tent or make a larger bunch in the middle. Use pretty white satin ribbon to tie them together and let the ribbons hang. This will match the daisies assuming the daises are white and yellow.

Why dont you consider strings of fairy lights - like the ones you put on your house at Xmas - not the multi coloured ones, just plain globes are very attractive. You can buy them in many different pre-strung shapes these days and they make a great evening atmosphere

I would find 4 good shaped limbs that could be cleaned and spray painted white or w/e color I was using....put them into a nice pot ( with a big bow around it) string some clear or white Christmas lights throughout the branches and put these in the 4 corners. add tealight candles to the tabletops and I would have all the soft and romantic light needed for a rainy day, or for later in the evening .

I'd add fresh flowers or plants. If I was having my reception there as well, then I would rent my stemware, flatware,plates serving dishes,and table linens and maybe a gazebo or arch for the front. I would like it traditional ,but not too gawdy. Romance would be the key for decor.

My daughter does a ot of balloon decorating and usually combines them with inexpensive tulle or net found in fabric stores. This drapes well in any shape and gives a luxurious look. She did this for the recent wedding reception for her sister. The colors were lavendar and white and it didn't take a lot of fabric to make it. You could do this at the corners of the tents.

I am getting married in on Valentines day 2009. We are renting a large white tent and folding white chairs and my fiance's best friend is getting us a heater(not loud) from his work so it wont be cold. We are setting up next to a winery which is where the reception will be held. I'm not sure how to decorate and if anyone has any ideas I would LOVE to hear them.

He is very set on having the wedding "out doors" and its the only thing he has really requested, everything else is "whatever you want baby" so I really want to make this work! Feel free to email me at marry_tyler_moore AT Thanks to all!

Weddings DecorationsApril 25, 2006
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Beautiful Swan
Decorating a Pond for a Wedding