Keeping Grass Stains Off Wedding Dress

How do I keep grass stains off my wedding dress at our outdoor wedding?

Terry from Ontario

If you haven't bought a dress yet, consider a 50's style mid shin dress. If I had it to do all over again, I would have worn a dress that style (they are particularly flattering for smaller waisted/big hipped women like myself.

If you've already purchased a long dress with a train, I'd focus on suspending it above the grass rather than removing stains afterward or pre-treating it with grass stain repellant (ha ha...if something like that exists)

Unless you plan on handing the dress down to your children, let it stain! Perhaps a little grass stain will bring back beautiful memories.

The dresses that painterjayne is talking about are called "tea length" dresses or gowns, and they are extremely flattering to most figures. They won't get grass stains unless you sit down on the grass, which... well, it's your wedding, so show some dignity, and stay upright. ;)

If you've already got a floor-length gown, you'll need to buy or rent a long runner of carpet or some other substance to protect your dress from dirt and grass. Make sure it covers the entire aisle, plus the area where you'll stand, plus everywhere you'll walk at all in that dress. Everywhere! That includes the car-to-photography-site trail, the photography-to-ceremony trail, the car-to-reception trail, and anywhere else. Honestly, floor length gowns do not go well with outdoor weddings. You'll keep your costs down and your pain-in-the-rear factors down by going with a tea-length gown.

I am sure there is something you must be able to spray on it. Call your local bridal shop, or better yet go there. Ask them if they know of anything that will work. If we can spray stuff on our winter boots to keep them water repellent and static guard on our clothes to keep them from clinging....there surely must be a product out there to protect against grass stains! I'm gonna call my local bridal shop tomorrow, cause now I'm curious.

Weddings AdviceMay 8, 2008
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Pink Wedding Dress
Dyeing a Wedding Dress
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
🎉
🎄