Adhesive for Card Making

I am trying make cards and cannot find a decent adhesive. I have tried the roll on tape and find it just to frustrating with gumming up and all. Any suggestion on a good adhesive that will stick and not release from card? Thank you in advance!

Darline from Troy, NH

Good quality glue sticks work for me. I know what you mean about the adhesive rollers. You have to have a very light touch with them.

Use glue dots. They stick right where you want them.

I use craft glue and a paintbrush.

For my cards, I use a roll on glue stick made for photographs. These work really well. I get them at WalMart..

I use Rubber Cement glue.

Glue sticks work great. I too became frustrated with double stick tape. It sticks but it often wrinkles, and you have to be careful even with the glue stick- especially keeping glue off of surfaces you're not sticking something onto. Use a separate surface to apply the glue stick and keep moving it around and checking you're not putting anything where it's already been used to roll the glue stick. Mistakes do happen, and you can use a fingernail to remove accidental glue stick.

If you are talking about greeting cards, I use a glue stick. The one I am using now is from Office Depot that is just called "Glue Stick". It is washable, acid free and non toxic.

Thank you all for the help..tried the photo adhesive roll-on and it worked great!

How about mog pog, it dries clear. If you get it on a part you do not want it on, no biggie. In most of the times, you paint it on the front to seal it. Most people use it, to decoupage. You use it to put paper to paper, and paper to wood etc. Dries clear, good stuff.

You can't go wrong with Tackey Glue, and they now have more types to chose from. For double sided, I buy the kind that comes off the roll covered. Secure the tape, plan the picture and then roll back the covering to place it.

I also use foam double faced tape and a hot glue gun works wonders too... Here's a picture of of of my cards using both adheasives. The foam tape is used on the chicks die-cuts.

Crafts AdviceNovember 19, 2008
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎄
🍂