Braided Chair Pads and Rugs Using T-shirts

I have a lot of new long sleeve t-shirts (with logos from disabled vets) and would like to know how I can use them to braid (chair seat pads). I've used them to make pillows, and mats, but now want to know if anyone has used jersey t-shirt material to braid rugs and chair pads. Thanks.

By Alicia from South Hadley, MA

Use the web search engine and type in "braided rug instructions" or "hooked rug instructions". I got some good results. Good luck.

Here's a video made showing how to cut the material into one long strand rather than many strands you have to tie many knots in to connect. She shows you how using a plastic bag but the principal is the same. Any item you have that is a tube can be done this way.

T-shirt cut off below the arm holes or skirt,pant legs,pillow case or shirt sleeve - it doesn't matter as long as you begin cutting a tube as shown you end up with one long strand!

http://www.yout  ch?v=q4gJSR4RtDw

sorry to ramble

P.S.

I use her method all the time to cut my plastic bags down to crochet with. If you are new to this you might not realize to not cut as wide as she cuts in the video if you want to use a smaller hook but because the plastic scrunches down pretty well you might be ok - you might want to do a test strip to see what size you need to crochet with the hook you plan on using

several braided rug tutorials here

youtube.com/results?search_query=braided+rug+&search_type=&aq=o