Hair In The Laundry

My daughter has very long beautiful blonde hair, but she sheds a lot and we are finding it in all of our clothes. Is there something that will dissolve hair in the washing machine, without damaging your clothing?

abl789 from Tuscumbia, AL

I have the same problem, my hair is about 2 and 1/2 feet long.(this is an older pic.) I shed alot and i wash alot of hair with my laundry. A few things that help is to:

- wash her clothes separately

- shake out the clothes when loading it into the washer.

- Have her comb it out in the morning before getting dressed, do it over a trash can.

- get her a satin pillowcase - it's easier on long hair, and there will be less in the bedding.

- I haven't ever heard of anything that will dissolve hair, but you can try cleaning the lint trap in the washer with every load.

- I also found that tresemme shampoo and conditioner for reducing breakage in hair works really well. it's about 3 or 4 dollars for a huge bottle at walmart or target.

Good luck, i hope this helps

My daughter long hair was in the laundry the only thing to do to cut my daughter long hair short so no more no hair in the laundry

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 13, 2007
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink