Recycling Packing Paper

I order a lot online and recently I have noticed that instead of "peanuts" the packages are arriving now packed with a generous supply of very nice brown paper. It's very much like butchers paper.

Instead of throwing this away I take and smooth it out. Sometimes I run an iron over it on a low setting. I then store it in the bottom of my cabinet. There are some very long pieces. These are really great to use as paper towels or draining fried foods. My brother even used a piece to patch a small hole in the wall before painting.

I also use them for crafting and it makes great art paper for children. I find a use for them nearly every day.

By Carla from Huntington, WV

I was thinking it would make good wrapping paper. What I've received is nice enough for that. With most of us receiving so many packages in the mail now, we need to be aware of how to recycle those wrapping products. I reuse mailing envelopes and Kraft envelopes.

I also use empty cereal boxes, or hot chocolate boxes, etc. padded with that paper to send things through the mail. The postal clerks always chuckle. Karenhope

Excellent tip! Reusing free items like this is like "found money."

I do the same thing! I'm so glad most are switching to that nice paper. I use it to pick up messes, paper canvas, drop cloth, and wrapping.

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 19, 2009
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Air Filled Packing Bag
Uses for Air Filled Packing Bags
Young Couple Packing for A Move
Packing for a Move
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase