After Christmas Shopping Tips and Ideas
Today is Christmas and in 24 hours or less the sales begin. Several of these tips, I have seen from others, but since my mother used them quite effectively, I want to add them to my list.
- Save all Christmas wrapping paper (ragged edges can be trimmed to fit a smaller size gift!).
- Start thinking a year ahead (exp: if a little girl receives a Barbie, look for clothes and accessories throughout the year, to give NEXT Christmas).
- During the next week of sales, get as much of your shopping out of the way as possible (you can't be much more exhausted) and everything you will need next year is now on sale!).
- When those groups you belong to start planning monthly meetings, ALWAYS request the Dec meeting (mother's reasoning: house is already clean and decorated, party supplies bought on sale already, meetings end on time or early due to other obligations, plus good time to try new recipe before inflicting on family).
- Before heading out to the sales, have a list of all gift giving events during the upcoming year (birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc.). Even if the event won't happen for the next 11 month,s you will feel good that you neither have to pay full price or go on a frantic last minute search.
- Children WILL forget exactly WHAT gifts, games, etc. you buy, if you tell them it is for their cousin, friend, neighbor.
- Get a few extra things for unexpected giving (the last minute birthday party, shower gift, etc.) Sorry this post is so long--guess I'm thinking too much about being a child again
Source: My mother's advice given over many years
By Patty from Galveston Island, TX
December 28, 20090 found this helpful
And consider making a list of toys that take accessories. Keep the list with you during the summer and look for the items at yard sales and flea markes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 11:17:32 AM on 10.0.2.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us