Thanksgiving Dressing

It's almost turkey time again, so I want to share this great dressing recipe with you. It is easy, flavorful, and comes out perfect every time. Don't let the fact that it has Stove Top in it fool you, this tastes nothing like Stove Top. It tastes like the dressing that Grandma use to make, maybe even better.

This makes a 9x13 inch pan and is great to take to family gatherings, but it is so good, I make it often for just my immediate family by cutting the ingredients in half and baking it in a 9 inch square pan. Bake time and temperature are the same.

• 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 6 ribs celery, chopped (minus the leaves)
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cans chicken broth
  • 2 Tbsp. sage
  • 1 box Traditional Sage Stove Top Stuffing
  • 1 box Savory Herb Stove Top Stuffing
  • 14 slices sandwich bread, toasted and crumbled

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cook the onion and celery in the butter, remove from heat. Stir in the soup, then the broth and sage until well blended. Stir in the Stove Top, then the toast. Spread in lightly greased 9 X 13 inch pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned.

Note: If you can't find both herb and sage Stove Top, you can use 2 herb or 2 sage, but it's best with one of each.

By Fortunately from Illinois

After seeing this recipe this morning, I halved it and served it with supper tonight. I have to admit, I was very skeptical because of the chicken soup and Stove Top. But after 12 years of hosting my family's Thanksgiving dinners and trying 12 different stuffing recipes that were just average, I'm done experimenting. This is the one.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm already getting in the mood for Thanksgiving goodies too. This sounds so good.

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Lee

Thanksgiving table with a roasted turkey
Thanksgiving Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Thanksgiving CasserolesOctober 22, 2010
Potato Salad Dressing
Potato Salad Dressing Recipes
Pumpkin soup inside a pumpkin.
Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
🎉
🎄