Cook Cheaper Cuts of Meat in Soda Pop

My tip is to cook cheaper cuts of meat in a mixture of 1 can of any kind diet cola, 1 small can of mushroom soup and 1 packet of onion soup mix. It makes the most versatile, delicious sauce and tender, melt in your mouth meat that you would never guess it would be made with soda pop!

I even cook stew meat on top of the stove and it comes out so wonderful that my family thinks they are eating top sirloin beef tips. Recipe can be doubled as needed.

Source: This is a family recipe.

By April from New Salem, PA

Be carefull of sweetner the pop uses. Here is a link from the University of Idaho.

I use a can of beer or non diet pop.

My family didn't like it with soda pop so I tried coffee (already made in the pot) and they really loved it. It helps tenderize the meat

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatSeptember 24, 2008
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Man choosing meat.
Using Cheaper Cuts of Meat