BirthdayParties

Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's Birthday

Category Birthday

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 16 months now and his 18th birthday is in 17 days. I have no idea what to get him. He's a football player and really into sports. He could care less about clothes and doesn't wear watches or hats. I've already gotten him a sweatshirt and sneakers in the past so I'm stuck!

By Haley

How about tickets to a sporting event in your vicinity? A jersey of his favorite football player? A subscription to Sports Illustrated?

I'm with Engthrjean. I'd get him a Sports Illustrated subscription. Most tickets to sporting events cost the earth! If he likes reading about his fave team or player, maybe a biography, autobiography or memoir?

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months and it will be 7 months on the 5th October, however his birthday is on the 15th and he's turning 20. I have absolutely no idea what to get him! I want to get him something because I don't want to turn up to his house on his birthday, surrounded by all his family and have nothing for him.

The thing is, he's told me not to get him anything as he didn't get me anything for my 18th in early July. Because he was unemployed at that point, I wasn't expecting anything. However, he'd said that he will take me for a meal sometime in October as he is saving up for his birthday because he's going on a night out.

Even though I'm unemployed, I still want to get him something. I don't know what to get. Any ideas?

By Theresa

I don't mean to be ugly but he said not to get him anything plus you said he said he was saving to have a night out. To me he should give you something now if he is working instead of saving for a night out for himself. I don't mean something expensive. But if you really want to do something why not fix him a meal and watch a movie on TV. Plus it could make him feel bad if you went out and spent something on him and he did nothing for you!

Is there something that you could make for him? A photo album of pictures of the two of you? The birthday cake? A batch of homemade cookies?