Help Losing Weight

I'm 5'7"; and I weigh around 216 lbs. I know I am supposed to weigh somewhere between 135-150ish, or at least, that's what this weight chart I looked at said. I have tried dieting before, but I can never seem to stick to it. I'm just watching what I eat, and trying to exercise, but I have siblings that I need to watch and such, so I'm not able to get out of the house too much, which is unfortunate because I was planning on walking every day, but it does not seem like that's possible.

I would like to weigh 126 lbs, but I'm not sure if that is TOO thin for my height? I want to lose at least 80 pounds, and I am just wondering a few things:

1.) Are there any little tricks, or anything that I can do [that is healthy] along with watching what I eat and exercising?

2.) Are there any types of exercises I can do inside the house? I was looking into buying something like Hip Hop Abs, but I have no money and I'm not too willing to buy something that might not even work.

3.) Approx. how long would it take to lose that much weight? I was hoping to have it off by next summer.

Best Answer

Last year I lost 50 pounds. The first 20 pounds came off by doing nothing but stopping soda pop (Coke) and just drinking water and sugar free koolaid. Koolaid mixed with Splenda and water.

The other 30 pounds came off by just stopping all junk food.

Breakfast was usually similar to this:

1 small banana

1 sugar-free breakfast bar

1 container of fat free/sugar free yogurt

Hot tea with honey

Snack:

1 can of V-8 juice (11.5 oz.)

Water

Lunch:

Sandwich of whole grain bread, mustard, turkey breast, lettuce, black olives, tomatoes, pickles, green bell peppers

Carrots &/or celery

A piece of fruit

Water

Snack:

homemade mixture of dried apricots cut up, raisins, pecans, cashews, peanuts and coconut

Water

Dinner:

Grilled chicken breast

salad

vegetable (brocoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, etc.)

1 slice of whole grain bread

Water

Snack:

1 container of sugar free, fat free yogurt

2 graham crackers

I walked on the treadmill for about 15 minutes, 2 or 3 times a day; or I walked outside or at the mall.

It has been over a year since I lost the weight and I never want to gain it back. I wasn't hungry on these foods. The weight came off slowly.

Best Answer

When I was young I tried to find out why some ladies do not put on weight as they get older. I have followed their rules and I have not got any fatter ( I am 51 years old). My sisters are all fat.

The rules are:

Exercise 6 days a week - I spend about an hour a day at home while watching TV

Don't drink alcohol

Don't drink sodas

Don't eat junk foods, especially salty snack foods

The good news is that eating sweet foods such as chocolate does not seem to do too much harm.

Hope these rules do not sound too harsh.

http://sparkpeople.com/myspark/mysparkstart.asp

<p>This website has really helped me stick to my diet, it lets you log your activity and everything you eat. It also has forums that you can talk to other people in for motivation. They also give you an exercise guide, and it tells you how much cardio you need (which can be a variety of things, doing heavy cleaning on the house is my favorite, just put on some music and dance while you clean :P ) And it also has a guide for your strength training, and most all of it uses no equipment. Best of all its free!!</p>

I have lost over 50lbs if I can you can !! I'm not done yet By the Low Carb I have vegetables, fruit. you can find it on google, and look for RECIPES, grains and starch turn to sugar in the body, I didn't know that. I tried and tried to lose weight, NOW I'm 57 I wish I'd known years ago. YOU CAN DO IT. yes I cheat once in a while, sometimes I'll have a sub. or legal ice cream. make sure to take fish oil pills, and vitimans, drink lots of water not kool aid, expearment with any food that is legal you may come up with a new one, I do exercises in bed, leg lifts, crunches, I had a stroke, a fue years ago so I know you can DO IT!!!!!!! If you do cheat get back on the Low Carb, don't quit that the secret.

Hi,I got those long rubber bands at Walmart.Theirs 3 in a box green,blue,purple.You can do many different exercises with them.You can look up on the internet for the diferent exercise's.I got them for less then $20

As far as eating I do whats called food combining.Which is what ever meat you choose to eat only have salad or eat just the meat alone.Eat only fruit in the morning.If you want to eat potatoes or vegetables eat them at dinner time.The book I got this from is called Fit For Life.I started eating this way because about 6-7 years ago I got H-Phylori

which is a bacterial infection in the lining of the stomach etc...

I will leave you with this just my thought Take care and good luck with what ever you choose to lose weight.

CHECK THIS OUT... ITS FREE ON LINE AND ALL KIND OF HELP FOR YOU TO LOOSE WEIGHT, THEY HAVE FOOD ADVICE, EXERCISE, TESTIMONY AND ALL KINDS OT TOOLS TO ASSIST YOU ... http://www.sparkpeople.com/

One thing I know for sure, if you choose exercise that you can't honestly say is so fun you'd keep doing it even if it weren't for your health, then choose something else. Dancing? join a square dancers' group (it's only walking)...

I lost 35+ pounds on Weight Watchers, then converted and became a leader! The safe and permanent way to lose weight is to make lifestyle changes, ones that will work for you and you will stick with. It is healthy to lose 1-3 pounds per week until you get close to your healthy weight. (The first couple of weeks may yield more. ) It is slow, but it is solid.

I am sold on WW, the meetings keep you accountable, the sense of community provides friendship and very helpful information. Journaling is extremely beneficial

I know one thing for sure

. The ONLY way I can maintain my current weight is to exercise. I aim for 3-4 times a week. When I want to lose more, I rev up to 7 days per week.

Good luck, you can do it!

Kelly

Losing Weight
Losing Weight
Health & Beauty Weight LossJuly 31, 2007
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A woman standing on a scale.
Weight Loss Tips
Inexpensive Ways to Lose Weight, Scale being cinched in by a tape measure.
Inexpensive Ways to Lose Weight
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers
🎄