Freeze Lemon Peels to Freshen Garbage Disposal

I appreciate the tip on saving lemon peels in the freezer for future recipes, that call for lemon rind or zest. I would like to add that by saving lemon peels in the freezer, you can use a few of them in the garbage disposal periodically. This will freshen the smell, and cleanse the disposal. Hope this helps some people.

By Donna

My husband, the service tech, says don't put the whole rind down at once because it will dull the blade and can clog the innards. A little at a time is okay.

Don't forget that orange peels will do the same. I eat an orange a day, and the peels refresh just as good, fyi.

Thanks for the info about not putting the whole rind in. I would have done that and then my disposal wouldn't have worked as good!

Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
Food and Recipes FreezingDecember 23, 2008
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Clean garbage disposal drain.
Keeping Garbage Disposal Smelling Fresh
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
🎉
🎄