Attach Your Cell Phone to Your Keys

I'm sure I'm not the only one who frequently has to go on a scavenger hunt to retrieve my cell phones and keys. The cell phone problem is solved by simply calling it from another phone and tracking it down. I have tried those little "clapper" gadgets that are supposed to respond to a whistle. Mine responded to everything but a whistle. It was about to drive us crazy going off sporadically.

I now have my cell phone in a little leather case with a clip on it and have put an extra house key and car key behind the phone. The next time I'm rushing to get out the door and can't find my cell phone or my car keys, I'll just pick up the phone and dash out with the extras and look for the original set later, when I have some time for a scavenger hunt.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Great idea! Also, get into the habit of always, always, always putting cell phone and keys in the same place. I put those "command" adhesive hooks just inside the front door so everyone know to put their keys on their hook as soon as they walk in the door. This has saved untold aggravation in the morning!

Since I saw this helpful hint somewhere I have NEVER misplaced my keys, which is a minor miracle. Buy a key holder that comes with a long stretchy coil and a clip on the end. the keys are on the key holder part and then clip the other end to your purse. It stays clipped to your purse all the time. the stretchy coil is long enough to reach the ignition of the car, hand those store barcode cards on the key ring to the cashier etc. This works for chronic key losers. LOL

A mechanic told be not to attach anything very heavy to my key chain with the ignition key. Don't remember how he said it but the weight is bad for the mechanize somehow. Anyway, I figure he knows what's he's talking about so I removed some items.