When making candies and other desserts or pastries for gift giving, chopped nuts are a nice extra touch. But be sure that your recipient isn't allergic to them. I have a pal who can eat pecans and peanuts but not walnuts, as she's allergic to walnuts. Instead of using nuts, you could use raisins, dried cranberries, chocolate or other flavored chips or morsels, or your goodies could be left plain, to be on the safe side.
By Terri H. from NV
Yes, and here's some of the latest research info. on how to avoid the MYCOToxins in nuts and MANY OTHER FOODS; Go to Mercola.com :
The Top-10 MYCO-Toxic Foods 11/5/03
It explains it so very well and how to prevent infectons and WORSE from nuts, alcohol, sugar, grains/cereal, sorgham?, and other things. Great information to have for prevention of illnesses.
God bless and keep you. : )
When making food gifts please be aware of food allergies & the possibility of cross- contamination. If you have made anything with nuts (or other allergens) please wash everything very well before even attempting to make food items for someone with an allergy. Or prepare that person's food gift first & get it packaged & out of the kitchen before making any other foods. Some people can have a life threatening reaction from even a slight trace of the food they are allergic to.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!