Homeowners Insurance Discounts

Make sure you are getting all of the discounts you are entitled to, on your homeowners insurance. Most companies give discounts for deadbolt locks, smoke alarms, non-smokers (you are less likely to burn down the house!), and of course a central alarm system. Some companies will even give a discount for motion-detector outside lights.

Call and ask -- there may be features that you already have that entitle you to a discount, or it may be worth the investment to install something, knowing that you will get an immediate return on the investment through a discount!

By Becki in Indiana

This is so true. I recently was able to get a 15% discount for being claim free for three years. The agent was not allowed to tell me about being eligible unless I specifically asked for it.

I get a discount for having a fire hydrant within 1,000 feet from my property. The city just put another one within 100 feet of my property. Too bad I don't get another discount for that one!!

A new home.
Saving Money on Home Owner's Insurance
Budget & Finance Home InsuranceJanuary 25, 2005
Businesswoman putting money into piggybank at desk.
Using Your Job to Save Money
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
home insurance file
Lender Placed Insurance
🎄