Browsing: Repairing a Microwave

Emerson Microwave Stopped Working

I have an Emerson microwave that recently became only a big kitchen timer for some unknown reason. The cook function will not work. I unplugged it a couple times, once for over an hour, thinking that it would auto-reset but it didn't. What happened? How can I fix it?

By Melody_yesterday

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I googled Emerson electronics and came up with the following. I also came across some pages that customers of emerson products thought they were junk. You could also take the microwave to a electronic repair shop and get another opinion. You should be able to find them in the yellow pages. When my cd player stopped working I asked Best Buy folks who did their repair work and took it there for repairs.

Emerson ElectronicsMass market manufacturer of DVD players, clock radios, home audio and video and small appliance. Canada.

www.emersonelectronics.ca/ - Cached - Similar

Support

Contact Us

Home Appliances

Clock Radios Micro Audio Systems

Small Appliance

iPod Systems

Warranty

More results from emersonelectronics.ca »

Emerson - SupportIn Canada. Customer service inquiries ... SYNNEX Canada Limited C/O NESA 24 Progress Avenue Toronto, ON CANADA M1P 2Y4 Attn: BDG Service Department ...

www.emersonelectronics.ca/emerson/en/support/ - Cached - Similar

Emersonelectronics.ca Website Review | WebsiteJudge | Website ...Ratings, Reviews, Judgements of Emersonelectronics.ca ... Emersonelectronics.ca! Create a profile and join thousands of the other WebsiteJudges!

websitejudge.com/en/electronics.../emersonelectronics.ca - Cached - Similar

Emersonelectronics.ca - Emerson Electronic Appliances | Visit ...Emersonelectronics.ca is the corporate website of the Emerson Company, an electronic appliances manufacturer. Get informed and buy here the best audio ...

www.killerstartups.com/.../emersonelectronics-ca-emerson-electronic-appliances - Cached - Similar

I hate to say it but you will probably be better off just getting a new microwave :-( But the good news is that there are so many really inexpensive ones on the market now that will work for a long, long time and in the long run it would cost less to purchase a new one rather than wasting time trying to find out how to fix it or by paying repair money to have it checked out and fix it :-(

If you're really in a pinch and can't afford, say a $70.00 on sale at a Target or other stores for a new one, you can check your local Goodwill or Salvation Army stores for one that might be around $20.00 and they will let you plug it in there to test that it works. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you. Oh, and don't get the Emerson brand again ;-) LOL ;-)

Microwave ovens are something you need to be careful with. I had a GE built in microwave over my stove. What a real pain in the back that was to install! You might know it one week out of warranty the turn table stopped turning. Also the inside of the microwave door is all chipped! I don't clean with abrasives, I only use a damp handiwipe cloth with baking soda. I have had GE washing machines which died an early death as well. So as far as I am concerned GE products suck big time.

Do a consumer report check on them to get an idea what is a good product. Also ask friends and family what they have etc. I think buying too cheap is a big mistake! Made in the USA is what I look for. With used microwaves there is a potential for safety issues.You don't know if they leak radiation.

Amandablue has a good point about used microwaves so I will add that if you are going to purchase a used one be sure to check out consumer reports for that company and model and check that the seals are in good order.

I try to always buy USA made products too but, not trying to be mean or unpatriotic, both GE and Emerson products are USA companies.

Go to the website and put in your microwaves info and they probably have some ideas for you to try. If not click contact us and either call them or email them. I just did that last night for my brand new printer. they emailed me back within a few hours, it didn't help so i called them, it's all taken care of no problem. If its still under warranty they will replace. I got a heating pad replaced because it would work in low but not on medium or high. I paid to send it back to them but they sent me a brand new one so I didn't complain. If its under 3 months old the store may replace it. Walmart does on furniture and I think appliances, not sure on that. I would try all that before I replaced.

Exactly the same thing just happened to my Emerson microwave. It is now nothing more than a count-down timer no matter what buttons I push and how often I unplug it. Child lock is not set, so that is not the answer. Did you ever get an answer to this dilemma when your microwave did this?

person operating microwave
Repairing a Microwave
Home and Garden Repair Appliances MicrowaveOctober 14, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Photo of a microwave oven.
Repairing a Microwave That Won't Heat
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 1:43:24 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.