Making MoneyBudget & Finance

Making Extra Cash

What do you do to make extra cash? Do you sell Mary Kay, Tupperware, Partylite or something else? I would like to know what you do and your ideas to make extra cash. The holidays are coming up and my budget is super slim.

Thank you!

By A from Miami, FL

A lot will depend on the area where you live. In order to sell stuff you have to be the type of person that can sell. Not everybody is that type of person. When my money is short, I cut back on things. One thing, I start my Christmas shopping in January and have been done for at least a month. The most I spend on my daughters and grandkids(now teen agers and adults) is $20.00 a piece. If I find a $20.00 item marked down to $10-15.00, that still counts as $20.00. Most of what I give is what I find on sale. You could also get a second job. I am not the type of person that can sell, so therefore I don't try it.

If you get into any type of "party" plan, you'll have to invest $100 or more to get started. If you're able to sew alterations, knit, crochet, or do any other handiwork, you can sell your items online (etsy.com).

If you're a good cook, baker, seamstress, or you play an instrument, have good computer skills, can write creatively, are good at math, etc. think of tutoring, mentoring, or giving lessons; there are probably LOTS of folks who would love to learn a new skill or brush up on skills for school, and would be willing to pay for your expertise.

Good luck and God bless!

I don't know anything about the party stuff. I am sorry. But I do know that if you take a bunch of stuff that you bought at yard sales and run it on Ebay. Be sure you aren't spending more than you want for the items. I wish you luck in your endeavors. God Bless You!

Put up ads for pet-sitting. You can either go to the home and feed and play with or walk the dog, or have it come for a stay at your house. Cats are easy-only require feeding and maybe a litter-box change. I used to do this when my son was small. A lot of people want this kind of service, especially weekends and holidays. I charged $5-10 per day.

Craigslist or Ebay. Just follow the instructions on the sites. They say everyone has at least $3000 worth of "stuff" in their home they can part with.