Smelly Coach Bag

My Coach bag has a really bad smell. I don't know what it is. How do I get rid of the smell without ruining this very expensive purse? I have tried fabreeze, baking soda and I have also asked the cleaners but none of them do purses. Please help!

Beva from Corcoran, CA

The last time I had a smelly situation nothing else would take care of I used new, dampened dryer sheet to line the bag. I let the bag sit for a few hours and then removed the sheets and dryed the bag out with a blow dryer and a light dusting of baby powder to keep it fresh. It worked for almost 6 months!!

Have you tried a little vanilla extract on a cotton ball? Place it inside the bag and close for a few hours, should work. It worked for my cupboards when an onion escaped to the back and decayed. My daughter gave me the above tip and within the hour, the awful onion smell was gone!

Use cotton balls soaked in vanilla, I know for sure that this works. We went camping in Norfork va. and went crabbing brought home a cooler and fridge full of crabs and fish, needless to say campere smelled very very ripe, with crab and fish and campfire smell, After 2 or 4 days of the vanilla cotton ball, smelled clean as new ! I even wiped down the inside of fridge and freezer with moist vanilla rag, and it worked great. I keep a damp vanilla ball in the window sills in house, and house smells great too. And we have 3 kitty litter pans, can't even smell them between cleaning. hope this helps. You might try some charcoal or newspapers also. rose

Stuff the bag with crumpled up newspaper and set it outside during the day. Leave the newspaper in for a week or so. You may have to repeat the process. This worked for me with a bag that smelled of moth balls. I would then keep a fresh dryer sheet in there to help prevent the smell from coming back.

Put an envelope with fresh coffee grounds (right from the can) in the bag and let sit for a couple of days. Coffee smell will not last but it absorbs the other odor.

http://mobileleatherservice.com/LeatherLinksNEW.html

saw a lnk here to hand bag cleaner... I also tried the coffe ground thing and it worked pretty good...

Cotton balls soaked in vanilla extract really works! My bag smelled like mold, it was in a locker with wet clothes and in a suit case with them as well. A few hours with vanilla soaked cotton balls worked. Smells great!

My cat peed on my coach purse. Is there anyway to get out the smell? Do i have to toss the purse?

Sprinkle it with baking soda. Let sit for a while. Vacuum it off. Repeat until most of the odor is gone. Then, put a little water in a spray bottle and then add some essential oil. Spritz the purse with it and wipe it down. Repeat and then let air dry.

These are fabulous ideas! I want to try that vanilla cotton ball idea and dryer sheet idea too.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsOctober 26, 2005
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄