Ceramic Tile Crafts

I have one lonely 12x12 ceramic tile that I found the other day. It's beautiful and I don't want to throw it out. Does anyone have any ideas for a craft that I could use to display this beautiful tile with that doesn't require a lot of other items?

I thought about making a notepad holder somehow by adding a small pad and pen but I've run out of ideas. I'd like to make something with it and have it on my counter.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Yvonne from Ontario

How about a triviet? You could get little "legs" and glue on each corner -- glass buttons maybe? MM

You can make a trivet out of it by sticking 4 little rubber dots on the back. You can get them at the hardware store. Craft stores also carry them.

You probably wouldn't have a lot of these laying around on your countertop but you could always make trivets out of them.They make really cute gifts too.My grandaughter gave me one for Christmas that she had painted at a birthday party she went to.She painted an angel on it because I collect them.I love the one she made me.I use it every day & it makes her so happy when she sees it being used!!

My sister gave me a smaller tile/triviet some years ago. It had a small frame around it and I hung it in my kitchen. When ever I look at it I am reminded how much we loved each other. Great granny hugs,Vi

crack into small pieces and make a family name plate with the pieces and hang o

n the wall in an entry way or elsewhere

A few years ago when we did a bathroom makeover, we had a couple of 12x12 tiles leftover. We put rubber feet on them and now use them side-by-side on the kitchen counter as a counter saver. They work very well and easy to clean as well as keeping the laminate countertop from staining.

Frame it and hang on wall in place of a picture.

I have a beautiful deep blue tile that has felt on the back. The felt protects my favorite wood table from scratches, the tile protects the wood from my hot coffee cup. It works better than any coaster I've found.

Love & Prayers,

Linda

I love all the idea's. Now I just have to decide lol. Ughh decisions, decisions.

Thank you very much everyone!

I saw a neat idea on a site called "uppercaseliving.com" that had a quote printed on some kind of sticky back surface. It was then stuck to the ceramic tile & displayed in a small metal easel.

If you have a good light background pic thaqt you like (family pic maybe) you can put that on the tile. I have done this with the 4X4 tile and made coasters for my mother with her great-grandkids on these. I have also done a family portrait on a 6x6 tile and set in a display holder. If you are interested email to simpsond @ owc.edu.

I got a a hand painted ceramic tile with a plexiglass covering, that I use as a cheese board, bread board, and I also do hot brie cheese and fruits on it. I love it.

I'm sure this is a really old post, but for those of you like me that are just seeing this, I am a demonstrator for Uppercase Living and we have vinyl lettering for your walls as well as many other surfaces, for example, tiles. We have a whole section of expressions just for tiles that you could place on a tile and display on a plate stand. They are absolutely beautiful. You could also use the 4X4 tiles and put the first letter of your last name and use them as coasters. To view our catalog, just go to www.uppercaseliving.com and use my token: 207775 and ID: sarten under "not yet registered." Hope this helps.

I want to break a miniature tea set and attach it to tile and use as a backsplash in my kitchen so it has a 3-D effect. any suggestions as to glue, etc.?

Why not try decopaguing some kitchen artwork on it and using it as a trivet for setting hot pots on?