Making A Crinkle Toy For Cats

How do I make one of those crinkle toys for my cats to jump on? There has to be a way to make something like those crinkle bags you see all of the time.

Jenny in KY

I made small ones for my grandson..

But for a dog or cat.. I would say:

Use an entire p-chip sack.. maybe layer 2 or 3 of them.. then encase in fabric..

should make plenty of noise :_)

I made some of those last year. Take an old pillowcase and stuff it with a few plastic grocery bags and a sprinkle of catnip. Sew it closed or use hot glue. I used staples for mine, but now as a vet student I've seen too many cats that have eaten strange things & required surgery.

I don't know about that but a really easy one is to take some tin foil and make it in to a ball. My cat can't stop playing with it. It's his favorite toy

The pillowcase and plastic grocery bags are great idea. I'll have to remember that one.

kitten playing
Homemade Cat Toys
Pets Cats Cat ToysJanuary 11, 2005
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Making an I Spy Bag
Making an I Spy Bag
homemade toy canoe
Making a Toy Canoe
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic