Build Your Own Breakfast Burritos

contest winner icon

Use your imagination for ingredients and the sky is the limit for use of any possible leftovers. It's especially fun when preparing for company because everyone can choose their own fillings. Of course, they're fun and yummy for lunch or dinner, too.

Here is a list of my favorite ingredients which changes depending on the mood of the day and/or what's in the fridge or pantry.

Ingredients

• Flour tortillas, size of your choice
  • Hash browns, shredded and kept warm
  • Scrambled eggs, kept warm
  • Refried beans, kept warm
  • Tomatoes, diced
  • Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Ham, diced
  • Green chilies, diced
  • Bell peppers, diced
  • Sour cream
  • Salsa

Directions

Heat the tortillas in microwave for 10 seconds so they will separate easily.

Evenly spread/place ingredients of choice along the center of each tortilla.

Slightly fold over opposite ends of tortilla and then wrap the other two sides over one another. If the final fold pops up, a bit of water spread between the final folds usually helps or use a toothpick.

Now is where you choose to eat "as is" or if you want to heat for a short time in the microwave, heat in a slightly oiled skillet or heat on a grill. Each choice gives a subtle flavor change and is fun to experiment with. :-)

Source: Have made "Build Your Own Tacos" for as long as I can remember and thought it would be fun to try the same with Breakfast Burritos. :-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Thanks for the reminder about breakfast burritos. This is a good idea for picky eaters since they can choose their own ingredients.

I used to make these ahead and freeze for grab and go breakfasts during the work week. I would make up about a 2 week supply at a time. I would wrap individually in wax paper and place all in a ziploc in the freezer. I'd pop one out the night before and heat in the microwave when I got to work the next morning. Coworkers were always jealous. Nice change up from bringing cereal or oatmeal.

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

Sometimes we get so used to doing things a certain way that our thinking becomes limited :-o In my case, it simply didn't dawn on me to make a bunch of them ahead of time even though I prepare several other individual meal items for the freezer all of the time ;-) LOL! Thanks, TraceyI, for the wake up call ;-)

Breakfast Burrito on a White Plate
Breakfast Burrito Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican BurritosMarch 20, 2009
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
Breakfast Cookie
Breakfast Cookie Recipes
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast Pizza
Breakfast Pizza Recipes
🎉
🎄