Jupiter's Beard in the Path Garden

Jupiter's Beard is a good cut flower. It self seeds. They need little water and is surviving in poor clay soil here on the "Path Garden". It could be a weed soon. LOL

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

hi~~that is sooo beautiful.......wish I had some for my flower garden....but I wonder if this would grow under pine trees??? We have a slope in our yard, near the neighbors fence and I hate cutting it afraid of falling but it is dry and under some trees...trying to find something to grow low maintenance and not much watering quite away from water source. thanx for sharing...enjoy :)

Hi Will this plant grow in Zone 9 Florida? fdittl AT aol.com

Quick! Where can I find "Jupiter's Beard"? I have been looking forever for a flower that blooms in

"not so good" soil and needs very little watering.

Thank you so much.

Hi...I love this plant. They remind me alot of pentas. I live in Florida and our climates are somewhat the same as yours, except for humidity, so I went to Swallowtail Garden Seeds website and ordered some seeds. They were only $2.00 a pack for 50 seeds. I think they should do fine here. We are in zone 9. I also got the "white snow" variety. Can't wait to get them and get started. Thanks for sharing your pic.

I am growing Jupiters Beard along the springhouse at my parents house. The plant does not stand upright, it lays in the grass. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

I'm so sorry about missing these feedbacks. Any one that still wants seeds please let me know and I'll save some from this years flowers. Just send me a message through ThriftyFun. We are in So. Ca. which is also zone 9.

Mary Rueckl, Maybe the reason they are laying down is to much water or not enough- reaching for sun? These reach for the middle of the Path Garden, from both sides LOL.

grammar, I don't have pine trees so I'm not sure, but message me and I'll send you seeds to try.They grow under eucalyptus and pepper trees here.

Great Granny Vi