My Rose Bush is Not Blooming

My rose bush (yellow) is quite large, yet it only has one bud! The canes are continuing to grow. I water and feed the beautiful tall bush. My question: If I trim the tall canes from the top, will the rose bush begin to bud?

By Snapdragon from Washington, DC

Answers

I have rose bushes with long canes; and they don't bloom until a little later in the season. That said, I never hesitate to prune them back. I would not give up on the idea of flowers until you give it some more time this season. Some bushes bloom all summer, some only have a (relatively) short period of bloom.

Rose Bush
Rose Bush Never Blooms
Home and Garden Gardening RosesMay 12, 2011
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🎉
🎄