Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Towns and Cities in Southern Tennessee and Northern Georgia

I am looking for information on towns/cities in southern Tennessee or northern GA. I am thinking of moving into one of those two areas when I retire. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

az2010 from Easthampton, MA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Rasta (Guest Post)05/11/2007

Sorry I goofed, Nashville is to the northwest of Chattanooga.

By Rasta. (Guest Post)05/11/2007

We moved from Maryland to Hixson, TN in 2004 and have never regretted the move. Hixson is on the north end of Chattanooga, in Hamilton county and the taxes are a bit less in the county. The people are wonderful. It took us no time to blend into the community. My husband and I are retired in our early 60's. He is active in the Red Cross and really enjoys the organization. Our daughter lives here and we often came to visit her and enjoyed the visit so we just moved here. There is a multitude of things to do and places to go in the area. You are 120 miles north of Atlanta and about the same to Nashville to the northeast. Check it out. Best wishes to you with your decission. As one other said Cleveland is a nice area as well.

By Beverly (Guest Post)05/10/2007

Cleveland, TN is great place to live. We have both mountains and rivers within an easy drive. Beautiful green grass, trees, and pastures.

We are between Knoxville and Chattanooga, also near the Smoky Mountains.

By Holly [350]05/10/2007

All I can suggest is to check out the tax base. I've heard of people moving to an area where the housing was reasonable, but when tax time came, they wished they'd never moved there. Of course, by then, it's too late.

By sandra glover [45]05/10/2007

well i live in bluff city,tn. a really small town just out side of bristol tn. the people are very nice and friendly,good neighbors. i live in the country at the foot of mt. holston mountain. i was born and raised right where i live in the same spot all my life would never ever think of leaving. it is beautiful, low to no crime where i live. i am just 20 minutes from all the tri-cities, johnson city,kingsport and bristol. great schools. you know bristol is the birthplace of country music. if you havent guessed i suggest you move here . you will love it.
sandy

By Darlene (Guest Post)05/10/2007

There's a website filled with information on virtually any state. the web site is City-Data.com. I have used it and think it's a good tool to find what you're looking for. Hope this helps.