Towns and Cities in Southern Tennessee and Northern Georgia

I am looking for information on towns/cities in southern Tennessee or northern GA. I am thinking of moving into one of those two areas when I retire. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

az2010 from Easthampton, MA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

There's a website filled with information on virtually any state. the web site is City-Data.com. I have used it and think it's a good tool to find what you're looking for. Hope this helps.

well i live in bluff city,tn. a really small town just out side of bristol tn. the people are very nice and friendly,good neighbors. i live in the country at the foot of mt. holston mountain. i was born and raised right where i live in the same spot all my life would never ever think of leaving. it is beautiful, low to no crime where i live. i am just 20 minutes from all the tri-cities, johnson city,kingsport and bristol. great schools. you know bristol is the birthplace of country music. if you havent guessed i suggest you move here . you will love it.

andy

All I can suggest is to check out the tax base. I've heard of people moving to an area where the housing was reasonable, but when tax time came, they wished they'd never moved there. Of course, by then, it's too late.

Cleveland, TN is great place to live. We have both mountains and rivers within an easy drive. Beautiful green grass, trees, and pastures.

We are between Knoxville and Chattanooga, also near the Smoky Mountains.

We moved from Maryland to Hixson, TN in 2004 and have never regretted the move. Hixson is on the north end of Chattanooga, in Hamilton county and the taxes are a bit less in the county. The people are wonderful. It took us no time to blend into the community. My husband and I are retired in our early 60's. He is active in the Red Cross and really enjoys the organization. Our daughter lives here and we often came to visit her and enjoyed the visit so we just moved here. There is a multitude of things to do and places to go in the area. You are 120 miles north of Atlanta and about the same to Nashville to the northeast. Check it out. Best wishes to you with your decission. As one other said Cleveland is a nice area as well.

Sorry I goofed, Nashville is to the northwest of Chattanooga.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Georgia Christmas Charities
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Tennessee Christmas Charities
Fog Rolling Through the Smokey Mountains
Tennessee Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Legoland California
California Frugal Travel Guide
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 21, 2016 at 3:04:36 PM on 10.0.2.232 in 847 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.