Quick Ways to Lose Weight

I have a big event coming up on May 26 and I am in need of a fast way to lose some extra pounds. I don't have lots of time for planning and exercising. I need something that will work fast but within a budget friendly neighborhood. Thanks!

By Ladydragonfly13 from GA

Best Answer

Well, for me I find when I don't eat starches/ carbs I can shed pounds. So I lay off potatoes, bread, pastries, of course, pasta, chips, crackers, etc. Mainly eat protein (meat/fish) and veggies and fruit, and yogurt, nuts, cheese, etc.

Best Answer

I agree with carolb. Stay away from carbs and don't eat anything with sugar in it. You can also lose water weight fast, but it won't be permanent, by not eating anything with salt in it until you get to the event. Walking every day will also help. Good luck.

Best Answer

I have found that if you stay off processed foods (pre packaged) you loos weight quite quickly. You should also drink lots of water, for one it's good for you and also makes you feel full. It's healthier to make meals from scratch and in the long run so much cheaper. Our 6 year old even asks when grocery shopping if such and such is processed food. He loves salads, veggies, mac and cheese, all these I make from scratch. (hint for water: flavor it with lemon or lime juice)

Hope this helps. Good luck:)

Best Answer

I agree that Dr. Gott's No Sugar No Flour diet is the greatest. You don't have to buy a thing because you can borrow the book at the library. Now I only eat sprouted grain bread. Shredded wheat and oatmeal are permissable cereals. Dates and figs can be used to sweeten. My favorite dessert is to put a handful of pecans, two teaspoons of cocoa and a teaspoon of date syrup (from health food store) in my mini-food processor to make a raw food cupcake. You can cheat a little on the diet too. I won't turn down a little birthday cake. But mostly I can just say, "I'm on a no sugar no flour diet," when people tempt me with forbidden foods. I've had my fun anyway- I prefer eating healthy. This is why the diet works. You are just eating healthy. There is a healthy substitution for every forbidden food and the substitutions eventually taste better to you. A side effect is my toenail fungus of six years is clearing up for the first time despite having tried every home remedy under the sun. I think the sugar was feeding the fungus!

The only way I could lose weight was doing the south beach diet. I lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks! I know doesn't sounds too healthy but it worked!

Ok, let me start out by saying that you won't believe me. It's called the Potato Diet and you have to each 3-4 pounds of UNPEELED potatoes every day. You must eat the skins of the potatoes.

Boiled, mashed, roasted, baked. But no sweet potatoes or yams. No butter or oil, catsup, nothing. I use regular baking potatoes and I've even used those delicious Yukon Gold potatoes. I use butter buds or fat free Ranch Dressing to moisten them up before I eat them.

Here's the payoff - you lose one pound, per day you're on the diet. I know. I KNOW. But it works. However - big however - the longest I've ever been able to stay on the diet for 8 days and I lost 8 pounds. I've never been able to go longer than that. I couldn't take another potato into my mouth after 8 days of the diet.

The diet is around 30 years old. I don't even remember all of the details. It said something like have a 'regular' breakfast, but never specified what that meant so I'd eat an apple for breakfast. For lunch and dinner, 3-4 lbs. of potatoes per meal, unpeeled, eat the skins. It's a hard diet to stay on even if you love potatoes.

The diet said once a week you could have fried potatoes, but I've never once done that. There were no details as to how much you could have on the fried potatoes. It works. I don't know how, but it does. Yes, I know about the carbohydrate uproar, but it does work. But trust me, you will get sick of eating potatoes.

But I have found that when I do the diet (for as long as I can) it kind of gets me into the mind set of watching what I eat and I can ease into a diet much easier. I've even used instant mashed potatoes, but it's a big, big bowl of mashed potatoes. You are never, ever hungry on this diet. Never. Tried and true, good luck to you whatever you do!

Have a wonderful time at your event! And you know what? Whether you lose weight or not, have a terrific time!! Wear something beautiful that you really, really feel beautiful in, whether you lose weight or not. Your natural beauty will shine from within and you will be the belle of the ball! God bless you!

What about the cabbage soup diet? they give it to heart patients. I have it in one of my books. let me know if you want it. I remember you can eat all of it you want anytime.

Thanks for all the posts. They are greatly appreciated!

Excited woman weighing herself.
Quick Weight Loss Tips
Health & Beauty Weight LossApril 21, 2009
A woman trying to choose between an apple or a cupcake.
Dieting Tips and Tricks
Inexpensive Ways to Lose Weight, Scale being cinched in by a tape measure.
Inexpensive Ways to Lose Weight
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers
🎄
🍂