Divinity Fudge Not Setting Up

Why won't my Divinity Fudge set up?

Cathy from St. Marys, Ohio

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

FYI,

http://www.baking911.com/candy/fudge.htm

One year I had the same problem and I did a very stupid thing and I threw the fudge in the garbage. Since your fudge didn't set up, don't throw it away but use the fudge as frosting. Bake a batch of chocolate brownies and frost them.

One thing that might cause it is to not beat it long enough...or perhaps you didn't drizzle the syrup slowly enough into the egg whites. Also, I recommend using a candy thermometer instead of relying on the "cold water" method that was used years ago. On occasion, I, too have had a batch that doesn't want to set up. I usually "fix" it by adding powdered sugar to the recipe until it will hold its shape and then spoon it out as usual.

Harlean from Arkansas

Divinity will not set up if the weather is humid or it is raining. Never make it on a humid day.

Shirley

Answer

Divinity Fudge
Divinity Fudge Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesDecember 22, 2008
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
baby sleeping by grass
Setting Up a Green Nursery
Peanut butter fudge made with cake frosting and peanut butter.
Cake Frosting Fudge Recipes
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 11:06:57 PM on 10.0.0.89 in 392 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.