Share Crafts

Christmas Float Ideas for Church Youth Group

I am the youth director at my church and it's my first year. I need some easy and simple ideas for a float for the Christmas parade.

By Katavia from Sparks, GA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By edie 1 11/21/2010

Well, I would go with a cute scene of a tree with gifts under it and have special lighting hooked up to it so it glows.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Myrna 16 1,070 11/21/2010

Get a lamp post or make one from cardboard, etc. whatever is handy and hang a Christmas wreath upon it. Create a makeshift light and have the group dress in long coats, shawls, mittens and boots and the guys in tophats like the early 1800s and sing Christmas carols.

Put a tablecloth on table with enough chairs for the group, a layout of dishes, teacups, teapot or coffeepot on the table and nonperishable foods and have the group sitting around the table praying over their meal.

Using the same idea, alter it with a father figure reading from the Holy Bible while family members gather around him sitting in his easy chair near the fireplace and Mom is in her rocker doing handwork or mending. Use a big braided rug and have some sitting on it near the fireplace. A child could be cradling a rag doll in lap and a boy petting a cat. Get an artificial stuffy if a real one is not feasible while listening intently.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Linda from Bloomington, IL 76 172 11/22/2010

Do a takeoff on the song "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus'. Tree with presents, could have a couch and or chair, Santa and mommy, the rest you can figure out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No