Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Flowers That Bloom in October

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Japanese Anemone

When planning your garden you may want flowers that bloom at a particular time of year. This guide is about flowers that bloom in October.

Solutions: Flowers That Bloom in October

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Flowers That Will Bloom in October

Question:

My son is getting married in October. While we are thrilled about the upcoming events, I may have the rehearsal dinner in our backyard. I sure would appreciate any suggestions for plants that would be blooming that month so that it would look as pretty as possible. By the way, the mums I got last year in October as potted plants I planted and they are about to bloom. Is this right? Will they bloom again in October? Thanks to everyone for the input!

BBB from Greenville, AL

Answer:

BBB,

Congratulations! Fall is a beautiful time for a wedding. First off, if you keep deadheading your mums, you will be able to extend their blooms for several weeks, but it's unlikely you'll get a second round of flowers from them in the fall. The mums available last October were probably grown under controlled conditions so that they would peak just in time for the fall season. Once in the ground, they can sometimes bloom earlier, especially in warmer parts of the country. Here are some flowers that should be in bloom in your zone in the Fall: Swamp Flowers (yellow daisy-like blooms with brown eyes), Mexican Bush Sage (purple and white spikes with a velvety texture), Golden Rod, Asters, Japanese Anemone, Sedum, Dahlia and certain roses. Area Master Gardeners or your county extension agency should be able to give you additional ideas. If not, call your local florist and tell them you are trying to plan a fall wedding and want to know what types of local flowers are in season then. Also, don't over look harvest ornamentals like gourds, natural baskets and hollowed-out pumpkins to fill with flowers like zinnias or mums for extra color.

Ellen

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Flowers That Bloom in October.

Question: Flowers That Will Bloom in October

My daughter is getting married October 2nd. What bulbs will be in bloom at this time?

By Sue from Elk Grove, CA

Most Recent Answer

By kathleen williams [23]03/22/2010

You need to call a Florist for this info, good luck.