Company ComplaintsConsumer Advice

Problems With Vons.com

I had a bad experience with online shopping with vons.com. First of all my grocery order was 3 hours late. I was charged for items that were missing and the fruit and vegetables were smashed or rotted and a water bottle was broken. I called the service rep dept. and they were totally apathetic. I emailed vons and complained and received an auto response saying call the service reps! I do not know what to do to resolve this problem! Any suggestions?

Birthaleen from Burbank, CA

I would like to help you with this problem.

I'm an operation manager for vons.com If you would supply me with your order number I can look into this for you.

Wow, that's sad that you've gotten such treatment. I've had tons of deliveries from their associate, safeway.com and they were terrific. A couple of times, they've been five or ten minutes late, but they called and let me know. One time, I ordered a bottle of lotion, and it was broken when it arrived. I called, and they not only gave me credit for the lotion, they gave me five bucks off my next order.

Maybe you could go to safeway.com, contact them and ask them to route you to the appropriate help at vons? I don't like shopping in safeway stores, but I love the service and treatment I get from safeway.com . Maybe they'll treat you better than the customer service staff that takes care of vons?