Remedy for Skin Tags

I have been reading all the remedies for skin tags and I have to say, I am also a big baby when it comes to pain in some areas. I had a skin tag appear in a private area a few years ago and yesterday I woke up and it was swollen and clear liquid would come from it when I tried to mash it.

I read some of the remedies you all had posted and I tried the thread thing and when I woke up this morning, it was a reddish-purple and super sore. So I removed the thread. I have also tried to cut it off as some of you have suggested, but it was too painful and I can't get it numb enough. I have also been trying the oregano oil and I haven't seen a change. Any more ideas?

By anonymous from TX

Top Comment

I had a skin tag like that - in the same area - and it would get quite large. I went to the dermotologist & he took care of it. I have to say the removal was not painful - honest.

Top Comment

Mulberry204, yea, it got the size of a marble and over the next day or so it started going down but will still quite painful. So I went to the doctor and had it removed yesterday with no pain at all except for the stick of the needle which was only like a bee sting and then I felt nothing. The doctor did say it probably got twisted or something and that's what caused it to get irritated and swell, but its gone now and I am so glad! Thanks!

Top Comment

I see this happened a couple years ago, so I assume it has been taken care of by now. What was described sounds like it was a trip to the doctor's office for that.

Years ago I had some skin tags on my stomach, and the doctor froze them, and I had finger tip craters on my stomach from that, and I thought that was normal after the freezing, but, when my doctor saw those, he told me that they should never been like that, and he apologized to me. It also took nearly a year for them to finally heal. I know too that the edge of my bra was irritating the skin tags also, and those could get bigger, red and painful.

I tried a couple with the thread and duct tape square, and that worked great very fast for me, but, I knew that thread is not sterile, so, I loosely tied it with the thread, put a glob of triple antibiotic on it, I left the threads long and tied the thread tighter and while holding the strings tighter, then I put the duct tape over holding the threads tight. When I thought about it, about 2 times a day, I'd just loosen up the corner of the tape, tighten the string again, keep taut and press the tape back down again holding the strings tighter.

I used the duct tape because it has strong adhesive and I didn't want to see what it was looking like under there. When I thought I should put some more triple antibiotic and new tape, when I took it off, that is when I found it was completely gone, and I was very happy to see that. It's been years and has never came back, none of them, even the frozen ones prior haven't come back.

If it ever happens again, I noticed about a month ago that at Dollar General their generic triple antibiotic has a pain killers, and it works very well, so, if I ever have to get rid of one of those again, I'll use that kind also. If it had felt it was infected, I would have gotten that string and tape off it, and get to the doctor but, this worked very well for me.

Mine were also in places that were under my clothes, so I had no problem doing this way. Thread really is not sterile, so, that is why I did it this way, and I was glad it worked so well for me.

I only every get one every now and then. I had one on my neck once. I was watching a baseball game and was getting nervous and was fidgeting with it without knowing it. I was pinching it and also slightly twisting it. The next day it was sore and almost black and had shrunk up some. So I continued to pinch it every now and then and twist it a bit and it shrank more and then dried up. It was gone in 2 days but it was not a very big one.

There are some people's experience on the link below although I don't know about doing some of them. Ick.

http://ask.metafilter.com/24226/Best-way-to-get-rid-of-skin-tags

On re-reading your post I didn't notice you mentioned it was on a private area. The link below mentions that area. Also it could possibly be something else depending on where exactly it is. Maybe it would be best to check with your doctor.

http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_tag/page4.htm#vaginal

Put the string back on, you were on your way. I've done this before. when the soreness goes away put the string back. It might itch as well as what you already felt. When it comes off your going to feel good about yourself. If this is something you absolutely wont do. Try a castor oil and baking soda homemade mix. Apply several times a day. i hear this will eventually dry it out. Let me know how it goes (if you`d like).

I tried the cutting it off with nail clippers and its too painful. The castor and baking soda did nothing. Then Yayyy I tried the Dermisil and it worked really well. It numbed it somewhat although it did have a slight odor I was fine with it because it fell off after two weeks of using it.

bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceApril 15, 2010
tagless t-shirt
Removing Printed Clothing Labels
Reindeer and Snowman Gift Tags
Making Reindeer and Snowman Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
🎉
🎄