Rocks for the Garden

On our spring vacation, hubby and I went to a beach with LOTS of beautifully rounded stones. I gathered some up to put around the statues and other garden ornaments in my apartment garden. I make sure that I don't spend too much money on any garden decorations, as it is a public space and things disappear, but the few rocks make the area left bald by the gardeners look much nicer!

Note: Make sure that wherever you gather rock, there is a LOT of material. Some beaches have cobbles placed there specifically against erosion.

You can also use other natural materials such as drift wood - I put several large pine cones around the rocks, too.

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

A rock painted as a garden marker.
Frugal Garden Decor
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationJune 6, 2011
Polished Rocks
Polishing Rocks
rock painted like cat
Painting Rocks
Sifting dirt by a compost pile.
Ideas for Sifting Rocks Out Of Garden Soil
Moss on a rock wall.
Growing Moss on Rocks