Christmas Ornament Question

Hi,
Does anyone have any cute ideas for making Christmas ornaments using the acrylic ball ornaments that pull apart? Thanks

One year my son's class made those with a picture of them inside, I guess you could put pics of anything you liked in them. These are popular at ornament parties, you can put just about anything in them, craft stores sell miniatures of just about everything so you can make them special for different people, eg teacher theme, medical, sports.

How about frosting the inside with the can of frosting spray. Then you can glue an item inside the ornament!

My mom received a few of these as gifts last Christmas. A friend had filled the ornament about halfway with apple-cinnamon potpourri. These ornaments are a great way to get creative!

Here are instructions from Carol Duvall for making an Ornament Terrarium:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_occasions/article/0,,HGTV_3268_1392905,00.html

I’ve seen people glue miniature (model railroad size) animals, figures, trees to create a scene inside these ornaments. (see example of a vintage ornament at http://pages.tias.com/153/PictPage/1920672033.html )

One year, my mom squirted acrylic paints (as low as 44 cents/1 oz. at Wal-Mart) inside each half, closed the ornament and slowly rotated the ornament so the paint covered the inside and created a marbled effect. This procedure could also be done with glue and glitter.

I'’ve known other people who simply placed a pretty silk flower or piece of glitzy tree tinsel or package trimming inside the ornament. There should be enough trim to fill the ornament.

Another simple idea is to stuff them with pom-poms.

And, links to more ideas:

Terry McGuffin's "Peek-a-boo Butterfly Ornament”

http://www.georgiaseitz.com/2002/mcgbfly.html

Potpourri Ornaments

http://www.jscomm.net/~chicklit/craft_potpourriornament.htm

Picture Yourself in an Ornament

http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/02/lp291-03.shtml

Clear Glass Ball Ornaments – several ideas

http://www.make-stuff.com/hollidays/glass_ornaments.html

Another Carol Duvall idea

http://www.diynet.com/DIY/article/0,2058,1836,00.html

Is it already time to get started on Christmas?!

I used to make ornaments out of approximately 3" styrofoam balls. You cut squares approximately 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" and start at the top and work to the bottom and then you turn over and start again and meet in the middle. You place a straight pin in the middle of the square and then fold over and fold again to make a triangle. I cannot remember the exact instructions. If someone does please let me know. My email address is mbp@farris-law.com. Thanks much!!!!!!!

I like to use plastic that is see-thru and fairly heavy and make 2 or 3 layers that will fit inside the ball.....I paint trees in stagered designs on 1 side.....let them dry and layer them inside the ball.....looks 3-D snow scenes mountain scenes let your imaganation run loose and come up with your version.....have a ball I hot glue them in with a small space in between the layers

When I was little my mom used to get these kits in Woolworth's that had styrofoam balls, push pins and beads. Some of the kits came with little plastic heads. Does anyone know where I can get these kits?

Can you use puffy paint on metal cut out gingerbread men christmas ornaments

Last year I used these clear balls and filled them with potpourri, and then used fishing line to hang them in the windows. Not only did they look lovely, but also when the Sun was shining on them it really brought out the beautiful fragrance.

Another idea is to use little silk flowers.

Or you could spray the inside with spray adhesive and then sprinkle glitter all over the inside.

Or you could stuff them with tinsel.

You're possibilities are endless.

to answer cathy donnelly's question, go to crackerbox.com and you can pick out all sorts of different kits ranging from 30 to 165 dollars. i have been doing this for about 7 years, and they are a very trustworthy company.

i am looking for someonethat would be willing to share some of crackerbox ornament kit instructions only that have been retired. the ones most instrested in are instrructions for ornaments that were retired 7/31/02 and 12/31/02. willing to discuss arrangements to purchase or trade instructions that i have. thank you

I know these posts are a bit old but if anyone needs instructions for the quilt ornaments that Marsha P mentioned or on beaded ornaments please let me know. I can look at pics of ornaments and give basic instructions on how to make the ornament. The only problem with ones from Cracker Box is that they use exclusive trim and they have stopped selling the extra trim as their manufacturer has gone out of business. But anyway, I am willing to help anyone out!

You can email me at peverett AT teverettdesignstudio.com

i try to make a different ornament every year, sadly I have started already.

You can buy clear bulbs and put paint in them and swirl the paint around inside, hang upside down to let excess paint fall drain out, this will help even more with swirl effect. I also take old light bulbs and make snowmen, Santas, etc. out of them an knit small hats for the top of the light bulb.

Put metallic shredded paper inside (like you use to line gift baskets). On the outside use vertical strips of narrow velvet ribbon and use glue gun to adhere. Place a tiny satin rose on the top. Can make in all colors.

I was given those cardboard cones that cotton thread came on.I've seen them made into angels.Can anyone point me in the right direction?Thanks ahead of time..Keeper

Crafts Christmas OrnamentsJuly 16, 2003
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Recycled Christmas Card Ornament
Christmas Card Ball Ornament
Chinese "Double Happiness" Ornament
Making a Chinese "Double Happiness" Ornament
Felt Christmas Stocking Ornament
Making a Felt Christmas Stocking Ornament
🎉
🎄