Ice Maker Drips

I have a Kenmore refrigerator with a bottom freezer. The ice maker drips water into the catch basin for the cubes and ultimately the ice in the catch basin turns into a solid block of ice cubes. What can I do to fix this problem?

By Chuck from Rice, MN

February 6, 2011 Flag

My ice maker drips water from around the control box whether it is on or off. I have removed it and ordered a new one, but am having second thoughts. Any ideas? Thank you.

By Ron from Saginaw, MI

September 22, 2010 Flag

We have a Kenmore Refrigerator, model 10674262402, with top mount freezer. For the past 2 years, spring through late summer, the ice maker leaks a huge puddle of ice cold water all over the floor at least once a day.

The unit is set on the normal setting, not maximum. The cubes are uniform in size and shape. The drip pan is completely dry. The only problem is the infuriating ice cold puddle on the floor. What could be causing this? The manual was no help in troubleshooting this problem.

By Jennifer from Central CA

Answers:

Ice Maker Drips

Call in someone to troubleshoot the problem and fix the refrigerator. If you don't take care of it, you will end up having to replace your kitchen floor and that will be more of an expense.

(04/07/2010)

By MCW

April 6, 2010 Flag

My Whirlpool ice maker leaks water. What can I do?

By ecovarrubias from Los Angeles, CA

Answers:

Ice Maker Drips

My brand new Whirlpool ice maker was leaking water. I called the repair person. He took the back off the fridge and said that the water line had not been inserted all the way into the fridge. He pushed it in as far as it would go, tightened the clamp thingy and I have had no more leaks. He said some of them come loose during shipping and some come loose over time. Hope this helps. (09/29/2009)

By catastrofy

September 28, 2009 Flag

My Kenmore ice maker works, but water drips out the ice tray in the front and freezes into a block.

Johnny from Madison, MS

Answers:

Ice Maker Drips

There are several websites devoted to D-I-Y issues on appliances. My daughter found out how to fix her dishwasher online - for free.

Check for a Kenmore link too. It might have a troubleshooting guide. (11/26/2008)

By KJ

Ice Maker Drips

I used to have a Kenmore ice maker and I had the same problem. I just put the tube in a bowl and emptied it several times a day. (11/26/2008)

By castleberrycc

Ice Maker Drips

The little door is stuck open. The cause can be ice from that open door making it so it doesn't close. I took a hair dryer and defrosted where the ice comes out and it works fine again. (12/14/2008)

By Jeff

Ice Maker Drips

It could be that the cube freezing area is filling up with too much water so it is overflowing. Try taking the outside cover off the front of the ice maker and there should be a little screw peeking
out, you can adjust for more or less. Sorry I cannot remember which way to turn it as it has been too many years since I had to do it to mine. Just turn one way slightly and check a little later. Or if you have the owner's manual for the ice maker, it might have the directions listed there. (12/17/2008)

By carnation037

Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesFebruary 6, 2011
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄