Repairing Marble Table Top

My marble dining room table got a nick in it (1 inch long by 1/2 inch wide, by 1/16 inch deep at the deepest part of the nick) when a piece of metal accidentally fell on it. The table is real marble, variegated green with a tiny bit of white veining. The nick is not terribly noticeable, but I'm afraid it'll get bigger (like a pot hole!) if I leave it alone. This table has lasted 26 years and only needed to be resurfaced once. Do I need to call in professionals to repair or can I do it? If I can, how? Thanks so much.

By Fran from Dallas

need help on how to repair bathroom marble counter top;a scratch not very deep.maybe will buff out?

I have an 8 seater marble, cream table which is broken in the horizontal position. I sent it for repair and am not happy with it. They just faced the whole bottom with wood to keep it in place, but the crack is still very visible. Is there some way it can be fixed? If not, perhaps I just need to find someone would like to buy it to make smaller side tables. Please let me know. Thank you all.

By Caroline

Someone sat on my marble tabletop. What can I use to repair it?

By kkdaisy

Answers:

Repairing Marble Table Top

My husband works with marble and granite as his profession. I asked him and he said you will need an epoxy glue and you can get it at your local Lowe's or Home Depot, or other home improvement center. Good luck with the glue. (08/18/2009)

By grannygirl