AdviceClothing

Silicon Boot Spray Bottle is Clogged

I have a spray can of Silicon boot spray that still has one quarter left but it won't spray anymore. The nozzle is not clogged, is there any thing I can do?

Thank you,
Leslee from Calgary, AB

You can try to pop off the nozzle and soak it in warm water. This may help even though it doesn't look clogged.

You need to contact the manufacturer for one thing. In my opinion it is quite reasonable to expect the mechanism of the sprayer to allow you to use all of the product. Therefore, I'd say you have a defective product. It shouldn't take more than a phone call. Can you find a number on the can? If not, do a search on the manufacturer listed on the can. Often a phone number will come up. Another option is 1-800-555-1212...ask for the manufacturer by name. Good Luck!

Contact the company. They will usually send you a coupon or voucher for a replacement can. I've done this with several aerosal or spray products.

Hello, generally if that has ever happened to me i have run the nozzle under hot water and wiggled the end of a needle into the hole. It has worked more often than not. I hope this helps you. Good luck.

Monique. Somerset UK

Are you sure you havent used up all the propellant from the spray can? Once all the propellant is gone you cant get the rest out. A spray can must always be held in an upright position with the spray part higher than the bottom of the can. If you dont do that, the propellant will come out and you'll be left in the situation you've described..

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Much appreciated

Leslee