Alice Avalon Bay (Spitz/Border Collie)

Alice Avalon Bay is a 4 year old half Spitz and half Border Collie. I got Alice from a "friend" (coworker) that used to abuse her. Really, I saved her from an evil monster. She didn't want her anymore and was going to put her outside to fend for herself.

Alice loves giving hugs. When I get home she waits for me to put my bags down and then gets up on her hind legs and gives me a hug. Besides hugging, she loves playing with her many toys, visiting the local dog park or going for long walks on cool evenings.

Alice is an absolute joy to have around, she has probably saved my life. She came in when not only she needed saving, but I needed something as well. We've been best friends ever since. Everything gets decided around her, whether it's a car big enough for 2 adults and a dog or vacations where she can join.

By captionxedited from Washington DC

She is beautiful! I would give a thumbs up if I could...the link is not working!

Alice is a beautiful girl. Bless you for saving her and giving her a new life and a loving home. May you and she have many long and happy years together.

She's beautiful & looks like she is full of fun. Good luck.

She's a beautiful dog and I know just what you mean about the saving being mutual. I don't know how to describe the relationship we have with animals except to put it in terms earlier people might have: they are brother/sister dog, cat, bird, and so on. They feel like family and are almost the only reminder we have of a time when we might have felt the whole world around us was alive, and "all our relations".

I dreamed a blue bird [young] landed on my palm last night, and I was so stunned at such a favor. I also dreamed a large, gold, fish leaped into cupped hands from water in the same dream. I then dreamed of 4 cows, and a horse. I don't know what it means yet, but I feel close to all my animals today. My dreams are always quite literal, but the animal ones are spiritual. I live in the suburbs of Denver. I think I need to get out of the city.

Alice is beautiful as all have noted. And it seems it is from inside out! I am happy to know that you saved her and she adds such joy and happiness to your life. I tend to make decisions around my doggie too, as he is my little world.

This lovely girl looks very much like my Busana - she also was rescued from the streets and like you, has brought absolute sunshine and love and fun to my life ..... here is your doggies look alike Busana (with her pack member ((the orange one) can see how her tail double over (spitz) and she is losing her Spitzy winter coat here ... only difference is - Bu has yellow eyes and your baby has brown ! ;-)

Photos Pets DogsOctober 8, 2009
Bay Leaves
Old Bay Seasoning Mix Recipes
Rough Collie
Rough Collie Breed Information and Photos
Making Green Bay Packers Doilies
Border Collie
Border Collie Breed Information and Photos