Storing Appliance Manuals

I put all my kitchen manuals together at one end of one of my cabinets. I clip them all together with a large size clip (I use those black and silver ones you find in the office supply section of any store) so that they stay together and none of them get lost. That way they don't take up much space, and they are always handy whenever I need one. And this is much, much safer than taping it to an appliance that may get hot or where the manual may get damaged in any other way.

Another thing, in my home "office" (where my computer and bill paying stuff is) I keep a separate address book that has all the 800 (or other-wise) numbers for all my appliances. I keep this in with all my bill paying stuff so it doesn't ever get lost. Whenever I buy something new, I add its numbers to my book before putting the manual in with my other manuals. Along with the phone number I also list the item's serial and/or manufacturer's number and any other important info. Then I don't have to be turning the item upside down and backwards while I'm on the phone with customer service.

As for non-kitchen items, I keep a file box with all those manuals in it. This box is kept in my "office" area too.

And any time I have an item repaired or have to spend money on it for whatever reason, I keep an envelope clipped inside that item's manual and put the receipt and any related paperwork in the envelope. That way it's all together and nothing gets lost.

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Great tips. Thanks for sharing.