Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Cheap Wedding Sites in Baltimore, Maryland

I am planning my wedding for october of this year (2008). I need to know of cheap wedding/receptions sites to hold my wedding. I would like to have the wedding and reception held at the same place with the possibility of having a caterer at the site to. I have little money but want something nice, simple and clean. Please help!!

Tracey from Baltimore, Maryland

By

By sharisifrit05/08/2013

Have you looked into Bowman Restaurant on Harford Road?
9306 Harford Road 21234. Reasonable prices. Just went to a ceremony and reception there. Food was good.
Good Luck.

By rachel. (Guest Post)11/25/2008

Try Columbus gardens in Perry Hall, MD They are a call but they have the best food around. No ones ever complained. Right around 27 per person includes cake food hall, etc.

By Katie (Guest Post)03/20/2008

I am booking my wedding at Tiffany East www.tiffanyeast.com they have a complete wedding package with food, alcohol, champaine fountain, flower center pieces, your choice of colors for the linen on the tables, wedding cake, DJ or Limo, the photographer. The package is $37.95 per person $3,795 for a wedding of 100 people. They have another one without the cake, dj and photographer for $25 some per person either way still not bad. You can have the entire thing at their location for $500 or you can rent a hall and the will bring everything to your location of choice. I have had a couple of friends use that company & loved it. That is dirt cheap, check out their website.

By Kelly (Guest Post)03/14/2008

I just bought my wedding favors from this website and was very pleased with them. Thought I would pass the info on to you if you're looking for cheap favors.

http://www.SophiesFavors.com

By louise (Guest Post)03/09/2008

There is a tree house campground in Western Md and you can rent the whole campground for the week end, go rafting, and enjoy camping...there are cottages with wood stoves

By SRW (Guest Post)03/05/2008

Try the fire department banquet halls.

By Natasha02/11/2008

I know you are looking for wedding sites, but for decorations and everything else you may need, I came across a site on craigslist.org, stanthonysbridal.com. Here you can borrow anything you need from the dress to your attendants outfits, even tablecloths, centerpieces etc. This may not be for you, but it saves a lot of money, especially those on a budget. They only help people who don't have alot of money to work with. Once you go to the site, you will see everything.

I know most brides want to buy and keep their own dresses, but to borrow other things from them, you have to use one of their dresses which most are new and donated from area bridalshops. Check it out, and see if this interests you. If you need anymore ideas, as I am in Baltimore as well, with a wedding in May, email me at gems0605 AT yahoo.com. Natasha

By (Guest Post)01/31/2008

Oregon Ridge Lodge at Oregon Ridge in Hunt Valley have spaces to rent that are much cheaper than other reception sites.

By Tracey (Guest Post)01/30/2008

I want to take this time and thank everyone for some great tips & sugestions. I have been quite busy making calls and viewing places for my special day. Keep the comments coming.

By Sharon01/24/2008

You don't say how many ppl you are looking to invite or how much you have to spend. You are going to have to get moving if you want to secure something soon, just because of the time of year that you want to have your wedding. Besides the suggestions already made, also try local community/fire halls.

My daughter is getting married in September and we booked last year. Many of the other vendors she wanted to use have already booked and they took bookings 2 years in advance. Tomorrow night we will book the DJ which is the last thing that has to be secured for us. Trying to get a budget place may be tough because cheaper things go fast so you need to start making calls and sending emails, pronto. Some of the places that we called were the Ferndale Community Hall which was $300 last year to rent for 100 guests. You could have them cater or do it yourself. You had to buy the bar from them, but the prices were rather reasonable.

My favorite place was the Baldwin Hall in Millersville. http://www.baldwinhall.org/ It's on the National Historic Registry and really quite lovely! It was $800 for a 24 hour rental. That may not seem cheap, but not only do you get 24 hours, but it includes the tables and chairs, a prep kitchen with warming ovens, an alcove for the bar and a wedding dressing room. The grounds would make for beautiful pictures. You have to get a one day liquor license from Anne Arundel County, but they have the paperwork for this and it would be well worth it if you are having a bar. This was one of our choices (more about the logic later in this post).

You could have Garry's Grill or Adam's Rib cater your meal relatively reasonably and/or use warehouse or grocery stores to assemble your own meal. My plan was to have Garry's cater and then I was going to get hor d'oeuvres and dainty desserts and the elegant plasticware from Costco. At this point, the only thing I get to do is make and decorate the wedding cake. We ended up finding a place in Silver Spring called Mrs. K's Tollhouse.

My daughter's entire wedding (DJ, flowers, invitations, guitarist, photographer, reception with 5 course meal, bar, garden with chairs) is $7500 for 70 ppl. My daughter was very concerned that I would be too busy to enjoy her day (this is the logic part) so we went with this place, which compared to most of the places we went to very inexpensive. (I could have pulled all of this off with some family help...ppl who have my food usually can't understand why I don't work in the industry!) One place on the Eastern Shore had $30 per person posted on their website and by the time the lady was done, we were at 22K and that was JUST for the reception. Maryland is NOT cheap...even for some of the parks in and around town. It really sucks because our tax money goes to maintain them!

Another suggestion to you, I bought a book called *Catering Your Own Wedding*. It has really good tips and tells you ways you can pull all of this off yourself. Ebay is a good place to get it, but if you can't find it, put the name of the book in Google and the site will come up. If you're talented and have talented friends, you can do everything yourself and save a lot of money.

I found this in the Maryland Gazette if you would like to contact the Ferndale Community Hall:
Local residents may rent the Ferndale Community Club for private parties, showers, wedding receptions, and other special occasions.
The hall is located at 15 N. Fifth Ave. in Ferndale.
For more information, call 410-766-9727

By audrey01/24/2008

I suggest you contact the local parks and recreation board
some parks have enclosed pavalions or rec centers with large halls. Check the local college to see if they have culninary classes, and see if they do catering. Don't forget to check craft outlets for decorations.

By sandy [63]01/23/2008

there are so many churches around here ( in the catonsville area anyway) it is good to be a member of the church and get married there and then go to their hall or auditoruium. then you can have it catered by professional or have many of your friends make hor doerves. and or finger foods.

By Heather (Guest Post)01/23/2008

Hi, Tracey! What about Federal Hill (on the hill!) or any, number of city parks? I remember going on the hill for 4th of July's. You can look down on the harbor/city from there, and the park is large. There are many, other beautiful parks in Baltimore as well. I'm just not sure what you'd have to do to have your wedding/or reception there? I'd highly suggest contacting the City Parks and Recreation Department for more info. Hope this helps!

By Natasha01/22/2008

I too came across the same problem. I live in Baltimore and everything is so expensive! My wedding is in May of this year. I called the American Legion, and local VFW's.I found a VFW with a $4.00 per person rate and you can have your own caterer which I chose to have an area restaraunt cater for me and they charged about$350 to feed 100 people. Im also holding the ceremony there as well. I hope this helps as this is pretty inexpensive unless you choose a local park, or backyard which I considered also.

By (Guest Post)01/22/2008

Can you host your reception in the hall of a church you attend? Most churches will allow you to do that for a small fee. If it's in early October you can host the wedding/reception at a local park. Also check banquet halls such as memorial building, Kiwana's, lions, and vet halls. Years ago at our wedding we had our reception at a friends house. Check out your friends back yards. Hope this was helpful.