Covering The Top of a Gas Stove

I am trying to cover the entire top of my range and leave the burners exposed so I can use them. I was told that using aluminum foil on my gas range was dangerous because the gas can get under the aluminum and possibly catch fire.

Is there a cover made to go around the burners that would cover my stove? I have been cleaning it, but I want to be as safe as possible. It seems that the entire stove/range top gets covered in food when we cook, not just the burner areas. I found the drip pans, but am not sure if they're really big enough for the messes we create when cooking.

I was hoping that there is something or a product that has been made to cover the entire top. I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. It doesn't help that I have no idea what something like that would even be called to try and do a online search. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

By Becca from Las Vegas, NV

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I feel puzzled. Are you wanting a disposable cover? So that you make a mess, get rid of the disposable cover, and then put on a new one? Or are you wanting some sort of cover that you put on, and when you make a mess you clean the cover instead of the stove top?

Either way, I've never seen something like this. I just spray down the stove top when I start cleaning up the dishes (filling the dishwasher), and by the time I'm ready to hand wash pots and pans, the cleaner has loosened up whatever was on the stove top. Then I just have to wipe everything up. I don't use any special cleaner, just some diluted Caldrea multipurpose cleaner (environmentally kind cleaners).

Covering the top of your range doesn't sound like a good idea as it may block air flow required. The stove top gets dirty when you cook; it happens to everyone. Clean up as you cook by wiping up spills as they occur before they burn or bake on. Be careful and don't let pots boil over. I dip a cloth or sponge in hot soapy water, wring it out and wipe down the stove. Repeat if necessary, then dry off with a dry cloth. It just takes a minute or two and you are rewarded by the sight of a nice, clean stove.

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 3, 2010
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners
Blue Flame of Gas Stove
Removing Yellow Wall Stains from Gas Stove
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 6:50:07 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.