Use Electric Egg Poacher to Reheat Leftovers

I buy tamales and place them in the freezer . When I want one or two I place them in the steamer and they turn out very well, but my steamer is very large for only one or two tamales. The other day I decided I wanted only one. I thought about my egg poacher that I purchased about 15 years ago at a second hand store, it is electric and has a high glass dome lid. You guessed it. I placed the tamale on top of the insert that contains the eggs (after I filled it with water), placed the lid on and in less than ten minutes I had a hot tamale.

Since then I have used it for other cold leftovers that I place in a small bowl on top of the insert and in no time they are ready. If you are lucky enough to have one of these poachers try it out you will be glad you did. Have a great day.

P.S. I also poach eggs in it.

By letageraldine from Tucson, AZ

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsJune 14, 2010
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Using Thanksgiving Leftovers
Saving Money on Your Electric Bill, Money and Light Bulb on Top of Electric Bill
Saving Money on Your Electric Bill
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg