Substitute Wall Christmas Tree

One year I was unable to go to the Christmas Tree Farm with my children due to a broken foot. So I took long lengths of green garland and used it to zig zag a Christmas tree shape on the wall above a small bookcase. I used small hooked picture hangers to support the garland at the points of the branches and zig zags.

I was able to hang all of the family's favorite ornaments, even the heavy clay ones that young children sometimes make at school. I cleared out the bookcase and used the shelves to hold the gifts. Large gifts went on the floor in front of the bookcase.

That tree is still one of my favorites ever, and I was able to do it all with what I already had in the house, so it was frugal, too!

By fsgarst from Boston, MA

I love this idea! It's simply and frugal and so much less messy than even an artificial tree! You took your misfortune in hand and devised something that turned out better than if you'd had every imaginable resource available to you! Ain't life grand? Merry Christmas!

Comment

Cookie Christmas Tree
Alternatives to Having a Christmas Tree
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeDecember 22, 2009
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:04:45 PM on 10.0.2.44 in 834 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.