Bugsy (Domestic Long Hair)

Bugsy is 1 year old, he just had his birthday! He is a Domestic Long Hair. From 50 feet away, I spotted my baby curled up in a ball behind a plexiglass display case at a shameful mall pet store. One look at him, and I pushed to the front of the line and said "I'm taking him home". His fluffy white fur was tinged from lying in a filthy cage, and he had become so immune to children poking at his window that he barely lifted his head when I scooped him in my arms for his ride home.

He has a toy, "blue toy", that he cannot be separated from. He drags blue toy around the house, and brings it in the bed at night (lucky me). It looks like it's gone through the paper shredder, and the bell is gone, but its his favorite. He'll play fetch with "blue toy" until the sun goes down.

Bugsy is the sweetest, funniest, quirkiest cat I've ever known. I have a wrought-iron table in the living room, with metal scrollwork under the glass. Bugsy loves to climb on the metal and hang from it upside down like a monkey. He'll "hang out" like that for upwards of 15 minutes, purring all the while. Bugsy's a cat you just have to know to understand, and I wish everyone loved their pet as much as I do!

By Sarah from Portland, OR

Thank you for rescuing this beautiful cat. Here in my home state (Victoria Australia) pet shops in malls etc are no longer permitted to sell puppies and kittens, a practice that I wish was more widely followed.

Beautiful! You and Bugsy are very lucky.

Bugsy is adorable! I have a quirky cat too, Mister Riggs. He is so funny. Bugsy is lucky to have such a great mom and a good home! Thanks for sharing!

What a great picture and story - Just another example of the uniqueness of each and every cat - I'm in South Asutralia and unfortunately pet shop pets have not yet been banned - Keep on lobbying tho'

He sounds like quite a character!! I love my kitty that way too!!

Oh so glad to hear Bugsy was rescued! He is now leading

the sweet life.I love my 4 legged ones with all my heart

they are my kids.

Bless you for rescuing another "pet store -pet mill pet"!

Love that picture!

I have two kitty babies (actually both are 5) named Flash and Trixie. Trixie was so small when we got her that she could crawl under a closed door!

The Humane Society of the U.S. website, www.hsus.org, has a lot of info and articles on puppy mills, but I found nothing there on kitten mills. Your Bugsy's story is sad but, thanks to you, it has a happy ending. Good luck to both of you.

He's absolutely beautiful!!

Domestic Longhair
Domestic Longhair Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesSeptember 25, 2007
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄