Top Loading Washer Smells Musty

My top loading washer has a very musty smell. How do I get rid of it?

By Betty from FL

Try putting the washer through an entire cycle using the settings for hot water and a small load. Use your regular detergent and add a cup of white vinegar to the water when the rinse begins. When the cycle is complete, leave the lid to the washer up so the inside can air dry. I always leave the lid up and air dry the inside of my washer when I am finished with a load. Hope this helps.

In every load I wash I add vinegar to the fabric softener dispenser. No only do I never have a smell but the vinegar acts as a fabric softener and the vinegar gets rid of the soap buildup in the washing machine.

Hi Betty, Leave the top open on your washer for a few hours after your last wash and you won't have the odor.

Washing Machine
Musty Smell in a Washing Machine
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesDecember 24, 2010
Top Loading Washer
Top Loading Washer Not Draining
Front Loading Washer
Buying a Front Loading Washer With Reversible Door
cleaning bucket
Eliminating Musty Smells from a Room
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer